Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Special Comment: Proposition 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats pointless? Marriage between a man and woman are meant to be.If you think it's pointless what would happen if you put all men or all women on a island ,isolated from the rest of the world.They could not reproduce,no reproduction=no people!

And I'm sorry about you and your wife not being able to have kids.I know a couple that are having trouble having a baby.

This is my last post on the subject.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cool85k5 View Post
    Whats pointless? Marriage between a man and woman are meant to be.If you think it's pointless what would happen if you put all men or all women on a island ,isolated from the rest of the world.They could not reproduce,no reproduction=no people!

And I'm sorry about you and your wife not being able to have kids.I know a couple that are having trouble having a baby.

This is my last post on the subject.
    Thanks,
    but were not sorry..(well..not much anyway..)
    we never even tried to have kids, because we knew before we were married it wasnt going to happen for us..we simply accepted it and are fine with it.

and again..reproduction is not the only point of marriage..
    people have kids without being married..
    and lots of married people dont have kids.

there is no law saying married people must have children..
    and plenty of heterosexual married couples cant have children, or choose not to have children..

so what possible logic is there to using the "they cant have children" argument to deny gay marriage,
    when that exact same "rule" doesn't even apply to hetero couples??

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cool85k5 View Post
    If you think it's pointless what would happen if you put all men or all women on a island ,isolated from the rest of the world.They could not reproduce,no reproduction=no people!
    Obviously, but what does this have to do with allowing gay marriage? The short answer is nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to mention the world could do with a population slow down. We're not exactly running short on people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I find amusing is that Christians and "religion" are being blamed for Proposition 8's passage, by a state that is majority wise left of center. California even voted majority wise for Obama, yet for some reason the citizens of California decided to vote yes on 8. Very intriguing indeed.

Isn't homosexuality and heterosexuality different (not in a negative sense, but in generality)? Aren't they unique of each other? Sure sex is the common denominator, but they are two distinctively different things!

So why are we trying to take a term, marriage, that is a heterosexual term and modifying it so that it now includes homosexuality? That makes no sense.

IMO, Gay-marriage is an agenda to slipstream homosexual couples into every day society, plain and simple. If Gays really wanted equality they would seek the same legal rights that heterosexual marriage has, however they don't. That's not good enough. They believe that by redefining the institution of marriage, which is older than this country, they can somehow force their lifestyles upon everyone. Everyone sits here and rants that Christians just need to stay in their caves and quit trying to influence society, yet here we have Gays doing exactly the same! I believe gays deserve the same legal protections that heterosexual marriage has, however to redefine marriage would almost be the equivalent of renaming the United States of America. Both would be wrong.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outsiders, gays would be completely fine if the US simply dropped the word marriage altogether and only handed out civil unions to everybody, letting churches marry people. Personally, I think that's a rather pathetic way to end things, like when two siblings are fighting over a toy and the mother just takes it away. All gays want is for their union to be exactly the same under law.

Gay marriage is absolutely no different than a heterosexual marriage where procreation is not wanted or not possible.

-Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously what gives heterosexuals the right to claim ownership of a word and define it. I claim owner ship of the word Human and I will define it as I see fit form now on, and only I qualify because I have decided to exclude everyone else based on the doctrine of my religion which I came up with myself. Everyone else is less than me. Does this seem ludicrous to anyone else.

As Dr. Wurm stated if the state is going to start handing out civil unions to one set of individuals that is all it should hand out and recognize. Also religious groups should not be able to legally bind individuals into a marriage/civil union if thats the way you want things to be. In fact I think it should be that way because otherwise in my opinion it violates the idea of separation of church and state.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWurm View Post
    Outsiders, gays would be completely fine if the US simply dropped the word marriage altogether and only handed out civil unions to everybody, letting churches marry people.
    I agree, in some regards. I think marriage should have been left to the churches, however removing it now would be like removing the welfare system. It's not happening.

Personally, I think that's a rather pathetic way to end things, like when two siblings are fighting over a toy and the mother just takes it away. All gays want is for their union to be exactly the same under law.
    I disagree. If gays wanted their union to be the same under the law it could already be that way today! Instead of going for the rights, gays (not all btw, some disagree with gay marriage) have gone for a means of forceful social acceptance by trying to redefine the institution of marriage! Homosexual relationships are not the same as heterosexual relationships. That's why we have two different terms, they mean two different things. So why wouldn't gays want their own term to represent themselves? If gays would be satisfied with gay-union or civil-union, there is no doubt in my mind that they would have the same legal rights as heterosexual marriage today.

Gay marriage is absolutely no different than a heterosexual marriage where procreation is not wanted or not possible.

-Jason
    I disagree. I believe there is a difference between male and female genders. If they were one in the same you may have a point.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast