Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Welfare for Wallstreet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dimka if you know about these people why arent you turning them in for tax evasion. Using someone else money in that from has to be claimed on tax returns as gifts, and therefore would put them above the limit for welfare and get them off the gov't rolls. Also renting a subsidized apartment to someone else is illegal as well, turn these people in. If your not reporting them then you have no right to complain one bit about them. complacency just makes you a will participant in this scam.

My biggest issue with the govt helping out the automakers is they arent doing the one thing they need to do which is force the UAW to accept reasonable wages and medical benefits. I grew up in a town (in Michigan) with a originally GM plant, then Delphi before it closed and I can remember a couple of occasions where production shut down due to strikes over ridiculous things like the prescription co-pay going from .50 to 1.00. The UAW legacy costs, which dictate that retired workers get the same medical coverage they had when working for the rest of their lives is costing the big three ridiculous amounts of money. Making cars in this country can still be profitable just look at the Japanese auto makers who produce many of their parts in the US and assemble their cars in the US. Whats the major difference? Japanese manufactures dont have the UAW making ridiculous demands. As long as the UAW exists in my opinion anything the big three auto makers do is only a stop gap measure till they get into the same mess they are in now.

They irony of this whole bail out is that they are doing it for the average worker even though in this case they have had a large part in creating this mess.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably THE most popular scam for couples among certain people here in NYC to get welfare is as follows.
    A couple, live together for many years, have children (and oh yes, they mate like rabbits) etc, but do not get officially married. The father works, gets money (sometimes more, sometimes less) while mother files for welfare as a poor single mother, officially residing with her parents. She gets more help for every child.
    Well in any case, just heard on the radio: One such couple got caught on that scam because the poor single mother traveled to Spain like 5 times in the past 8 months. In any case, the services decided to investigate it, and found out she lives with a man who makes 100K a year. They did paternity test, and all three or so children are his. Both of them could get up to 8 years in prison now. IMO this is well deserved and should also have all their possessions seized.
    Hurray!
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, of course all those white-collar guys need help - money is really heavy! They need to be able to pay someone to help them carry it, otherwise it wouldn't be any use to them.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    CURSE you disabled people in wheelchairs. All you do is sit around!
    Note that I said "lazy" and not disabled.

A little reading comprehension there...

hehe.........
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

It's the gift that just keeps on giving: Now Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Atlanta want a piece of the plunder:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081114/...ilout_cities_1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note that I said "lazy" and not disabled.

A little reading comprehension there...

hehe.........
    I know. It just felt like saying that.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump. The bailout did not pass.

At a news conference in the Capitol, Ms Pelosi said: "Until they show us the plan, we cannot show them the money."
    Thats one quote I could find, though I think the republicans had it right this time and that these industries need to change.
    So, no blank checks for the auto industry. I think some form of suport will pass in time, but no blank check is good.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I think some form of suport will pass in time, but no blank check is good.
    They'll get money. IMHO, the real questions are: How much? When? What strings (which will be largely ignored anyway)? & How many times do they get to dip into the well?

The 'made-for-media' moment was when one congressman asked how many of the execs flew to the hearings via commercial airlines - - followed by "Let the record show that no hands were raised" ....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast