Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is this legal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, no. I don't believe in enforcing new worldview by flame and sword. Forcing people into something new by flame and sword is not right.
    Protecting the old on the other hand is worth defending.
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, I'm just playing with ya!

But that was the ancient way of spreading the word from east to west with the roman empire and then back to the east in the crusades with the holy roman empire. My mom's family has some crusader from around 1040 or so IIRC. The old family crest of the time was a sword and 3 "infidels" heads beneath it! Definitely heavy metal eh? We had to do some kinda family tree in school, that was the only interesting thing in a long list of poor, bored and uninspired farmers! lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think crusades began a bit later than that, but this is still interesting. I only know my family tree down to 18th century, and all I see there are peasants (some of which were executed for not accepting new worldviews heh).
    Crusades were wrong imo... so if you ancestor was a crusader, that means he fought my ancestors on the eastern fonts

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm apparently the b@stard great great great great great great grandson of a noble who had an affair with his maid or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol we should start like "tell us about your ancestors" thread

- Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right my book on the crusades that I can reach says the crusades were from 1096 - 1291. So then I'm not sure what battle inspired the crest, or even that my memory of the date is correct, it may have been 1140. I did that report in seventh grade, maybe some 25 years ago? lol! The Mormons in my extended family on the west coast are big into genealogy and sent heaps of this stuff to my grandmother.

For another weird synchronicity, I released an album on my old record label (Dark Age Productions) of Proscriptor (drummer for ABSU) who on the record did some tracks about the "aliens" who invaded and killed his (scottish) clan the McGoverns, it was my family's clan the Campbell's in the 1200s! he he!

What WAS the topic of this thread again?? lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't get the whole sex taboo. sex is sex, what does it hurt to see it? nobody banned dogs having it in the street. not saying people should do it in the street, but the point is don't worry about it, your kids won't even know what it is probably

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dimka, we're probably related if your ancestors fought crusaders! My ancestry is 25% Middle Eastarn. I'm sure there were some Muslim warriors in their somewhere.
    I'm the grand nephew of the first female PhD graduate in science in Sweden. Nepfreak is the great-great-great grand nephew of President Hayes or something like that. We could make another thread but I'm just gonna hijack this one.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast