User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This was supposed to be a beautiful day..

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch, that kind of thing is enough to throw you off for a while, I am not joking when I say that you should seek some kind of counselling if you feel you might benefit, it is HARD to shake nightmares born out of things like that...

Closest thing to that I've seen is a person getting beaten nearly to death by a gang of dudes with aluminum baseball-bats, I can still see it to this day- had it happened in a place I had to frequent I can't imagine what the impact might have been on me
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Phil,

Man, I'm sorry to hear you had to witness that! Aweful.

Mabudon is absolutely right - if you have trouble shaking this, definately go talk to a pro.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is nothing that I can say that... see... that is just too horrible. I am so sorry.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In today's San Jose Mercury:

Brazen daylight shooting in Gilroy:
    Killing is City's Third Homicide This Year
    By Sandra Gonzales

Gilroy marked its third homicide this year -- and second in six weeks -- after and 18-year-old man was gunned down in broad daylight Tuesday just blocks from City Hall and the city's police department.

With gang violence escalating in Gilroy, police combed the are for evidence, part of their investigation into whether the latest is part fo that wave. Just last week, a 21-year old man was stabbed in a gang fight, but police said there is no evidence the incidents are linked.

"Gang violence has been on the rise in the past several months in the city, we've had several stabbings and shootings, but it's too early to say whether this shooting is gang related," said Gilroy police Sgt. Jim Gillio.

Tuesday's outburst unfolded at 1:20 p.m. The victim was w3alking with friends near Sixth and Church streets when three men suddenly began shooting, striking the victim. When police arrived, he was already dead, lying on the sidewalk. As for the shooters, the were last seen running into a neighborhood on Church street.

Police found several items of evidence at the scene. The did not disclose their findings. Although police interviewed several witnesses, police were searching for more.

Tuesday's homicide was the third this year. In March, a man was stabbed to death in downtown, and in September, a 19-year-old was shot and killed in midday north of the city.

Last year, Gilroy had one homicide.

And then they go on to give numbers to call if you have info.

I saw this article and thought of this thread. Thought you might all care to see the article. Something about it blows me away, not only because I know Phil was there, but because of the rise in violence in Gilroy and surrounding areas (which include my neck of the woods.)

Stay safe everyone.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so sorry to hear that Phil. That is really tragic and an awful thing to see. Unfortunately, these days guns are seen as a solution to problems. Don't like someone? Blow 'em away. You wonder what has gone wrong in the lives of these kids that they have no respect for life.

I'm glad you and your kids are alright and I hope y'all stay safe. That's a very scarey thing...
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can do nothing but echo what other forum members have already said. It's Horrible, horrible thing to witness the tragic death of an innocent.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is seriously messed up man.
    Hope you've got a strong constitution and don't go crazy or something.
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to be fine. I'm not what you call overly strong in the faith department...but I spoke to a pastor today anyways and he made me see things in a different perspective. What ever works I guess.

I'm just going to be on pins and needles for awhile whenever I hear a car backfire. He said that's normal, given the circumstances. My kids are all there for me so I have much to be strong for...as well as all my friends.

Peace out-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast