User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This was supposed to be a beautiful day..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was supposed to be a beautiful day..

At around 1:30 this afternoon my co-worker Tommy and I were in my office discussing the training schedule for the day. We suddenly heard a series of very loud, multiple gunshots right outside my window that sent us both reeling to the floor in fear. We thought they were coming in through the glass. When we looked out my window...to our horror was the dying body of an 18 year old boy who had just been gunned down by 3 thugs. We called 911 straight away and then ran outside to see if we could help but there was nothing anyone could have done. The boy was already dead.

I closed the gym and came home right away and got piss stinkin drunk. I'm ok now but still shaking and completely terrifed. I work with children..hundreds of them every day..and all my mind can process is one of them being in the vicinity and getting hurt or worse. I consider myself a very strong person, both mentally and physically but right now I feel like a weak, blubbering fool. I just don't understand where this kind of violence can come from and worse still...I only work 1 block from the police station. I don't feel safe now and I'll never be able to forget that immage.

Needless to say a young man's life has abruptly and brutally ended and 3 suspects got away. I'm so thankful my kids weren't hurt.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my god... That's horrible. I'm sorry you witnessed that. It's a crazy world we live in where 18 year olds are targets for violence.... I hope you're alright, and I hope the victim's killers are brought to swift justice.

-Jason

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow Phil... That must have been traumatizing... I don't know what to say besides I'm sorry that any of that happened. There's just not a single thing that's right about it. I'm glad that you and your kids and coworker didn't get sucked in to the violence.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a bad image for sure. A pal of mine had the same thing happen in Minneapolis. He called the cops several times before they came to pick up the body. I think he said it was 45 minutes or an hour before they finally showed up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that sucks Phil......stuff like that is rougher than hell on a person......hope your doing better..........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is pretty bold for anyone to do. Some areas have more some less. But it really doesn't matter where violence occurs, peopel still need to have a sense of value to life. Was this in the area where you live or is your job in a different place ? I can't imagine being a parent dropping off their child either. What must be going through their head ?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so sorry you had to witness that! How horrible! I'm sure it will take some time for you to feel better, because this is a traumatic experience. How sad
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey folks-

Many thanks for your thoughts. After a marginal good night's sleep I feel a bit better...but I'm still afraid to go to work. LOL. I know this was just a random act of violence but being so close to it is what frightens me the most. I work in a different town from where I live and unfortunately, as I was telling another friend just a while ago...the crime in that town,(Gilroy, CA), has risen over 300% from last year. The cops say they don't know if this was gang related. All they know is that the victim was recently released from jail only a week ago and was trying to steer his life in a better direction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast