Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: College kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol I know. Im biotech major and I need loads of orgo and biochem (very related subjects) for it. But seriously, this version is not just more challenging, this is super hardcore. Although after practically living in the library for the last two months I am beginning to understand some things
    Oh btw, few weeks ago we were playing with acids in the lab, and other than having my book completely soaked in water by my neighbor (her hose blew off), I had concentrated H2SO4 burn through 4 pages of my book and my notebook soaked in... I think it was KI or something similar... Some K-I compound. And now my notebook looks like it has been soaked in blood.
    Labs are fun, I'm good at practical stuff. All my labs in all my classes were, I don't wanna brag, but, flawless. I never broke anything, rarely did anything wrong, and when I did, always managed to redo everything very quickly... Even was able to do few labs simultaneously all with perfect results. Lol I once came up to my microbio prof to show my results and started talking to him, and after a while he tells the entire class "If you were professor here, you'd grind these idiots into the ground"... Lemme tell you I was not popular after that lol. But theory, lectures... killing me man. And its funny, I can tell you everything when I'm in a lab setting, but when I'm in a lecture setting - forget it, I'm as clueless as a tree. Maybe I should just remain a water
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think of it this way:
    Undergrad - Bachelor.
    Grad - Masters, and later PhD.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After this semester, I'll finally be finished with my General Education requirements!

These are the classes I'll have next Semester:
    -General Environmental Geography
    -Geographical Ecosystems and Field Activity
    -Environmental Hazards
    -Intermediate GIS and Lab

These are the classes I'm finishing up now:
    -General Art History
    -Anthropology and Gender
    -Field Studies in Physical Geography and Geomorphology
    -Introductory GIS and Lab
    -California Geography
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like there's a budding geographer here. Quick; what's the capitol of Honduras? When I was working on my MS in Geography, I'd mention classes I was taking and more than a few people I know said they thought geography was all about memorizing where countries are and remembering their capitols.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because that is all that is taught in a geography class at grade/middle/highschool. Memorize the states and their capitols. Now, Europe.

I am very good at some aspects of geography, but as a whole my experiences in those classes turned me off to the whole field. It would have been the same with biology (never saw anything living or dead in most of those classes) if I had not already had an intense interest in the subject.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They taught you about Europe, thats unamerican, I am not sure my geography teacher in highschool could find Europe if her life depended on it/

You think thats bad tell people you are studying archaeology. Then they say "oh so you dig up dinosaurs" or "oh like Indiana Jones" and then they assume I know everything about every culture that has ever existed especially Egypt.

As for class I am taking they are all grad level archaeology class: Ceramic analysis, Geoarchaeology, and then thesis hours.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking about double majoring in electrical AND mechanical engineering. anybody wanna talk me out of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don"t do it man!!!

- Terry Pratchett

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast