Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CP Stencil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool idea! Maxx do you do screens or hand paint them or some other process? I've heard that some newer decks are actual paper prints (stickers?) laminated over wood decks. That would be nice for good reproduction but how's something like that (embedded paper) handle in wear and tear?

I got into doing decks a few years ago (2005) for my online zine Battle Helm, I did a goblin (orc?) in a battle helmet and a heavy metal hand in cut off gloves (making the "devil horns"). I did screens for them but it's kinda messy (wood doesn't absorb ink like tee shirt material does) and screw ups are way costly compared to blank tees. I made a very short run of 25 each design. I think if I did any decks again I'd have them done by someone else, just send them the art and wait for the shiny decks to come back all ready for tape and trucks. Which, including screw ups would cost me the same as DIY anyway!

Someday is not a day of the week. Maxx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes_ak View Post
    do a few layers man would make it look allot cooler
    What do you mean layers. Like blend in some colors?

Oh and I just finshed this one. It's obregon562's mantis posing with it's dinner.

I regret little to nothing!

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Maxx do you do screens or hand paint them or some other process?
    I got into doing decks a few years ago (2005) for my online zine Battle Helm, I did a goblin (orc?) in a battle helmet and a heavy metal hand in cut off gloves (the two fingers up). I did screens for them but it's kinda messy (wood doesn't absorb ink like tee shirt material does) and screw ups are way costly compared to blank tees! I made a very short run of 25 each design. I think if I did any decks again I'd have them done by someone else, just send them the art and wait for the shiny decks to come back all ready for tape and trucks!
    I don't screen them (I'm not that in-depth yet). I usaully hand-paint them using mostly abstract designs (easier to paint) or wood stain them. I want to try sealing in a transparency image though. I'm planning on building a simple press right now for concave and all that stuff. Here's a board I just finshed.

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool!
    I changed my Zorlac "Gargoyle" skateboard into the original Zorlac Metallica fishtail shape in shop class cos the original Gargoyle deck shape looked like a 2 1/2 foot long *******! I don't know how they came up with that design, it was hilarious but I had to change it. I loved Pushead's art, it was so perfect for skateboards. I always liked that he and Zorlac made every deck model an original shape, not all the "cigar butts" you see kids on today. As you maybe can tell I haven't been in a skateshop since 1989 or so. I don't even know if Zorlac Skates is out there anymore...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like this

Basicaly What you would do is Think of it as layers. Their are 3 layers in this picture.

You cut out the whole outer shape, like you are doing in the Mantis one.

In this Ceph image it would be the Black.

Then you cut out just the gray
    then the light gray

You would first spray paint the Black. (im assuming your using spray paint) Then line up the X's (you cute these out on each sheet of paper) and spray paint the gray then the light gray.

It makes it look REAL cool, trust me. Just make sure to use different colors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah! Spray paint stencil!
    We used to put Cr*** symbols on "stuff" (not our stuff) when we were young and foolish using a similar model of stencil and spray-on application!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me, its fun especially when you get NICE and big stencils, and you go and put it on stuff. Ill have to show you one of the stencils I made, I wonder if its still their though. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes_ak View Post
    like this

Basicaly What you would do is Think of it as layers. Their are 3 layers in this picture.

You cut out the whole outer shape, like you are doing in the Mantis one.

In this Ceph image it would be the Black.

Then you cut out just the gray
    then the light gray

You would first spray paint the Black. (im assuming your using spray paint) Then line up the X's (you cute these out on each sheet of paper) and spray paint the gray then the light gray.

It makes it look REAL cool, trust me. Just make sure to use different colors.
    That looks sweet! So how would I go about setting that up? Putting the picture in grayscale then separting each color into a different layer?

My Growlist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast