Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Counterfeit Twenty dollar bills circulating in Miami, FL

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    cool, I never noticed that they did that. A few years ago some seniors (in highschool) tried to conterfit like 300 20's. They got cuaght becuase the took out their wallets bursting with paper, I don't think some highschoolers carry 150 20's in their wallet each. O_o
    This made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWurm View Post
    I knew a kid in middle school who tried to pay for his lunch using counterfeit one dollar bills. Apparently it didn't fool the cash register ladies...
    And then this made me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by JRFxtreme View Post
    She said shes been working at Checkers for four years and a lot of fake twenties show up around this time of year. The way she could tell was you rub the collar of Jackson and if it isn't rigid, it's counterfeit.
    I thought that sounded like a really cool way of telling if it's a fake, but then I looked at my own money and noticed it's not like that. You should go back to that place and complain - that's really lousy business. You should get your money back or a big meal on the house or something. (I wonder how many other people's $20s got torn up.) One of those pens is super cheap and is a way more reliable way of checking bills. It makes a real bill look wet, but writes black on most counterfeits. I see them used at a lot of businesses around here. Apparently people have been passing fake $20s at my college, as well, as there was an all-campus email about it from the cashier's office recently.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing I make my own money so I don't have to worry about something like this.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seedjar View Post
    I thought that sounded like a really cool way of telling if it's a fake, but then I looked at my own money and noticed it's not like that. You should go back to that place and complain - that's really lousy business. You should get your money back or a big meal on the house or something. (I wonder how many other people's $20s got torn up.) One of those pens is super cheap and is a way more reliable way of checking bills. It makes a real bill look wet, but writes black on most counterfeits. I see them used at a lot of businesses around here. Apparently people have been passing fake $20s at my college, as well, as there was an all-campus email about it from the cashier's office recently.
    ~Joe
    Or report them for destroying money, I think the US Treasury frowns upon that. Or perhaps they are taking parts of the torn bills to make paste-ups as in the link that Dr.Wurm posted. And also you can take damaged or torn notes to the bank and have them replaced. I've been told they pro-rate by the amount of the torn bill that is turned in. Thus if you have have a dollar bill you get 50 cents. That way you cant tear a bill in half and get two dollars out of it by going to different banks.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have demanded that they call the police right then. There is no way I would just let somebody take my money like that. That's bull. If I were you I'd go to the police myself and file a complaint.

American money is not made of paper. It's made on a cotton fabric that is similar to denim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was showing a freind who has a blacklight some of the security stuff on bills and cig packs. I had a bunch of ones and 1 of them glowed bright white. Is this just a older bill? I should of saved it but spent it. I don't think anyone would waste time on a $1 bill
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a bill gets washed with your laundry the brighteners used in most laundry detergents will cause it to glow under ultraviolet light.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    American money is not made of paper. It's made on a cotton fabric that is similar to denim.
    Its all just cellulose fiber. If they can make "paper" from the fiber in elephant dung and still call it paper, then I don't see why the source would make any difference as to whether or not the resulting material is called "paper"
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah Finch and all graphite and diamonds are is pure carbon.....but there is a hell of a difference between the two even though they are made of the same crap.....cotton cloth and paper are very different even if both are just plant cellulose..............
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast