What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Counterfeit Twenty dollar bills circulating in Miami, FL

• Thread starter JRFxtreme
  • Start date
I was showing a freind who has a blacklight some of the security stuff on bills and cig packs. I had a bunch of ones and 1 of them glowed bright white. Is this just a older bill? I should of saved it but spent it. I don't think anyone would waste time on a $1 bill???

If a bill gets washed with your laundry the brighteners used in most laundry detergents will cause it to glow under ultraviolet light.

American money is not made of paper. It's made on a cotton fabric that is similar to denim.

Its all just cellulose fiber. If they can make "paper" from the fiber in elephant dung and still call it paper, then I don't see why the source would make any difference as to whether or not the resulting material is called "paper"

yeah Finch and all graphite and diamonds are is pure carbon.....but there is a hell of a difference between the two even though they are made of the same crap.....cotton cloth and paper are very different even if both are just plant cellulose..............

Read up on how counterfeit detecting pens work, Finch. They may both be paper, but wood cellulose acts a lot differently than cotton in certain respects. I, too, would agree that you can call both 'paper' - money isn't a fabric because it has no weave. But they're very different kinds of paper.
~Joe

Back