What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas Lift replacements for desk chairs?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Does anyone know if places like Office Max sell just the gas lift stems for desk chairs?
Mine gave out and won't stay set anymore so when you sit down it drops about 6" and when you get up it pops back up.

Hmm, maybe not since I can't seem to pull the post out of either the base or the seat... Of course this is the most comfortable desk chair I've ever had! :(

You should replace it with racing shocks, then you can take it off-road. :D
~Joe

Have you checked if it's just the switch to raise and lower it? If that got stuck in, you might just be able to oil it.

It is very difficult to remove the seat from the post once installedmm This is for obvious safety reasons no doubt. Perhaps with the help of a heavy rubber mallet it can be done.

This is for obvious safety reasons no doubt. Perhaps with the help of a heavy rubber mallet it can be done.

I want to put this quote someplace where I can remember it forever.
~Joe

A rubber mallet on a spring/air loaded shock sounds like a great idea:) Let me know the outcome of that if tried:)

Although that whole rubber mallet on a spring-loaded piston concept sounds like good youtube material, give it up. You live in the USA, buddy, so when a small part fails on something big, you carry it to the curb. Then you drive the SUV to a big box to buy something from China. It's the American way. Our ancestors drove the Indians from their lands and killed all the passenger pigeons because, when Americans want something, they take it. We don't try to work with what we already have because we're an immediate gratification kind of place. You're obviously some kind of Anti-American communist and probably voted that terrorist Obama.

Herenorthere, with that concept in mind, I want a new goverment!

The passenger pigeons had it coming. They were violating our property rights and eating all of our beechnuts. When my future children go out to maybe collect beechnuts from the forest, we don’t want to find no damn trespassing pigeons stealing all the nuts on the property. They were eating our ignored and virtually nonexistent crop of something that almost no one uses. But if we had wanted to use it, we shouldn’t have to fight the birds for it! On my property, no less! Wildlife has no right to be on my property, in my lawn, or anywhere else.

Actually, this was the first desk chair I've had that someone else hadn't brought to the curb first! :)

Makes me not wanna spend more money and just wait for another old one to magically "appear" by the dumpster. Dumpster dive finds seem to be of better quality than new from Sam's Club! lol!

Speaking of Passenger Pigeons, I wonder how much flame and name calling I'd inspire for posting the "Thanksgiving Prayer" by William S Burroughs...

Back