What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

playing around with photos, glowing pings

I am learning to use microsoft digital photo.
I messed with some ping pics:)

Pirouetteblackglowedges.jpg

metal
Pirouetteblackmetal.jpg

colors

blueping.jpg

weserphotocroppurple.jpg

weserphotocroppurpleorange.jpg

weserphotocropturquoise.jpg

These are my favorite glowing pings
Pirouetteblackblueglow.jpg

pirouhirescutoutblue.jpg

Pirouetteblackgreenglowjpg2.jpg

peace,
Zero

How do you do that?

jimscott,
I used microsoft digital image 2006. Photoshop is way to expensive!
the colored ones I used a tool called 'change hue'. the last 3 I had to blacken the background, use a automatic selection 'magic wand' to select just the ping, then use the change hue tool.
the 1st 2 I used filters.
This is my 1st time using the program and I am just playing with all the tools to figure out what they do.
I might try some nep pics next:)

Ooh, very cool! I love the blue and purple pings!

The metal one looks like a fossil :)
Prehistoric pings!

Photoshop is great for this kinda stuff, it can be pricey (I think CS4 the latest version is $700), thus I'm still using PS7 about an 8 years old version (back when it was only $500). They have something called Photoshop Elements (about $90) which has most of the crazy filters and color adjustments, just not all of the more high end Photo editing and digital painting tools.

One thing I really dislike though is when plant and gardening catalogs use Photoshop to make their plants / flowers appear to have these better, more interesting colors using the hue / saturation shift options. To me it's false advertising when it's in a catalog - not when done just for fun like above.

These would make cool Bday / Xmas cards for CPers! :)

Awesome! The last three are great!

I like the last one. :)

I have elements, it's great and I can see no reason why photoshop 7 would be 5x more expensive (I've used both and see little difference, really). Great edited pics! That's some really smooooth magic wanding you did on the black background ones. The 1st one is filter -- stylize -- glowing edges in photoshop, in case anyone wanted to try it.

Back