What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's Your Favorite Band(s)?

• Thread starter obregon562
  • Start date
JOURNEY will always be my favorite band...but only when Steve Perry was the front man. They were nothing before him and they're still not much after him...although they've been through 3 new singers, get a clue Neil Schon...none can compare to Perry's amazing vocals.

Also LOVE Three Dog Night.

Was listening to them 15 or so years ago too. They went to heII after the 'Dammit' album...

yeah i liked Dude Ranch much more than anything after.....

couple others i forgot on my first post Godsmack, especially their self titled album and their cover of Black Sabbath's Sweet Leaf is kick arse........i like 3 Doors Down though i cant stand Kryptonite, i liked the vast majority of their first 3 albums which is more than i can say for most bands that i either like their first album and nothing else or scattered tracks....

Here is a short list:

Elliot Smith
The Decemberists
Neutral Milk Hotel
Kid Koala

I have quite a few other than these ones listed

Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto, Lower Class Brats, The Casualties, The Exploited, Gogol Bordello, and of course Leftover Crack!

Journey, Duhhhhhhh !!! I must say Philcula it was awesome listening to Journey and honking the horn in that tunnel by the Monterey Bay !

What I've been listening to lately:

newer Beatsteaks
Gorillaz
older Modest Mouse

Seems like nothing good has come out in the past year or two. Or maybe I'm just picky. :devil:

Yeah go Philcula!

Journey-how could i forget them?!?!?! Three dog night, seals & croft! nice!

LOL nep enthuasiast! left over crack sounds like a band i should listen too! :D

I totally agree jeremy. only with a 0 at the end of the 2. :-))

Well, I pretty...not intelligent when it comes to music. xD But, my favorite bands would have to be...(in order):

Mindless Self Indulgence - They rock!
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Awesome
IOSYS - :3 I don't know why...but it's so addicting! xD
Linkin Park - Pretty good

Iron Maiden.

Omodaka for Electronica.

Tom Waits for Classic blues rock.

and a tossup between Of Montreal and Page France for general light listening.

Oh, and King Missile. Don't listen to him. Don't search him on youtube. Whatever you do, don't look for King Missile music, but I like him.

Me either, but that's cos we're "too old"!

Now saying that is just a crime. LOL

Geez...what a tough question. There are SO many...

Was glad to see Donovan listed. :D

Just to toss out a few more...Oingo Boingo, English Beat, CSNY, Talking Heads, James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, Peter Rowan/Tony Rice, Robert Plant/Alison Krauss, Leon Russell, Dirty Vegas, Enya, ZZTop...

Music is a necessity of life...

I'm so glad to see that Boney M. was listed
I'm all over the place... so here's a few

Townes Van Zandt
Leonard Cohen
Ministry
Skinny Puppy
Revolting Cocks
Hank Williams
Hank Williams Jr.
Hank Williams III
Waylon Jennings
Ladyhawke
And I have a little secret Alice Cooper collection that I don't let too many people know about.
oh and I guess I'll put down Tom Waits but that should be obvious.

Led Zeppelin
Creedence Clearwater Revival
ACDC
Aerosmith
Grandfunk Railroad
Jimi Hendrix
Steppenwolf
Steve Miller Band
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
ZZ Top
Pink Floyd
.38 Special
Rolling Stones
Lynyrd Skynyrd

Disturbed
Rob Zombie
Powerman 5000
Kid Rock
Smash Mouth
Rammstein (yes, I seriously listen to German metal)

Yeah, Skinny Puppy, I'd forgotten all about them!
The UK writer for my online mag recently reviewed the latest Ohgr (formerly S.P.) release here: http://www.battlehelm.com/reviews/ohgr.htm
I haven't heard the promo myself so I can't add any comments. I like heavy industrial "noise" like Brighter Death Now, NON or similar acts (minus their politik) more than the danceable stuff like what Mortiis has become.

Yeah SP was great until they moved into that whole Animal Rights thing (It's like wha?). Rabies, however, is still an album I put on and cruise through from start to finish. I haven't heard much of Ohgr stuff but I have heard a few from cEvin Key which were pretty interesting.

Back