Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Evolution of my computer case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evolution of my computer case

I took advantage of the last Newegg cyber monday sale to pick up a nice cheap Antec 1200 computer case. Took some comparison pics today.

200mm exhaust fan. Yeah, 200mm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. How powerful? I am looking to replace my computer within the next month or so... and I need to find some good deals. I am curious, how much did you save?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice. How powerful? I am looking to replace my computer within the next month or so... and I need to find some good deals. I am curious, how much did you save?
    You probably want to look at bundle deals. They're great if you don't know exactly what you want, but you know you want it cheap.

Wurm, I have only ever had one case. I will probably only have one case. This sucker is back from the good ol' days where you could get a STRONG case for 10-15 bucks at Fry's. New things are flappy aluminum and plastic these days at that price range.

I regularly upgrade what's inside, though.

I'm figurin' that 200 mm moves quite a bit of air, eh? :P Get any lift? lol

Looks nice!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, killer fan! I've got a couple in my quad core but I think the biggest is only 150mm. Is it loud?

I wanna get XP32 bit installed, I had it built with XP 64 but found out quickly (after the fact) that hardly any software works on 64. Anybody know about "downgrading" an OS to an earlier version? Does it annihilate all other software/drivers/etc. that are already installed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately I won't be able to fill this bad boy up until Feb. of next year. I picked this one up on sale for i think 110 or 120 dollars. It was only 10 more than the antec 900 which is the smaller version of this case.

I didnt have the foresight to keep my old gateway power supply so that i could at least turn it on and hear the fans whirr. Rumor has it that this case is remarkably quiet for its airflow. All the fans have variable speed control switches on the back of the case too. I can also install 2 more 150mm fans, one inside in the middle (positioned to cool the GPU) and another on the side of the removable panel.

The basic idea is I'm trying to build a very upgradeable system. So I'm going for an x48 chipset intel mobo (for eventual 16x dual GPUing), and a 700+ watt PSU. Then I'll fill it with midrange components and upgrade from there.