Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: tattooed fish, thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pugs dont have abnormally short lifespans.....10-14 years.........most the bird dog breeds ive been reading up on(i tried hunting birds w/o a dog this fall......never again) their life spans average 10-12.....and they dont have squished in faces or any of that......most every dog breed has issues.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    pugs dont have abnormally short lifespans.....10-14 years.........most the bird dog breeds ive been reading up on(i tried hunting birds w/o a dog this fall......never again) their life spans average 10-12.....and they dont have squished in faces or any of that......most every dog breed has issues.....
    yes I know all domestic dog and cat breeds are selectively bred..
    (not to mention cows, horses, pigs, etc)
    but it usually does not cause harm to the animals.

but IMO it "goes to far" when changes are so extreme that they adversely effect the health of the animal:

and these extreme facial deformities are made simply for the "cute look"..
    no other purpose..
    so they look like little children..to make their faces more "human"..

Scot

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    That is the dumbest thing I have seen done to a fish. And whats worse, I know most "normal" people will LOVE it and call us snobby elitists for complaining about it.
    I agree 100%

Dying fish is extremely cruel and I am very against it. We really need to bring those UK fish cruelty laws over here.

Also, as scotty said, goldfish bowls shouldn't be allowed to be sold.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the size of the needle the use to inject dye is equivalent to us getting a shot with a needle the size of a pencil. The dye tends to remain liquid under the skin.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys...

A fish seems to me to be about as smart as a fly. People swat flies. The flies die. What's the big deal about these fish?

Plus, it's not like these are wild fish. They are born in captivity. Just like most goldfish, which, coincidentally, are used as live food for certain aquatic animals. Again, what's the big deal?

Plus, if they die, then they are probably ground up and turned into cow meal. Just like thousands upon thousands of wild fish are caught from the ocean to be filleted, ground up, and don't forget that fertilizer made from fish. Do you really think these caught fish actually have the nervous system and brain to comprehend pain upon a truly emotional and agonizing level when they are taken out of the water to suffocate slowly? Just as much as a fly does!

We grow CPs. Come on. This is like the worst hobby to debate fish cruelty! It's no big deal anyways. Our plants eat bugs! Our plants can eat rodents and fish and frogs! Our plants can be fertilized by fish that you may think "suffer"!

I'm not cruel, I'm just rational. If we put anti-fly-swatting laws into effect, what will that do? You'll have maggots everywhere and you'll regret ever having supported that law! Same with fish. Fish are natural prey. Some needles that happen to kill 50% of these fish are nothing compared to if we wanted to grind them up just because we can! Hmm...chancing the needle, or absolute undoubtable, horrible death. How do you think they would feel about that choice? Oh, wait...
    "I'm just a scientist without the proper documentation."

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113724

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is with that pig farm? What was the point of them tattooing all those pigs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most people imagine (myself included) that there's a difference between a "natural" predator/prey situation and someone altering an animal purely for fashionable motives.

I'm curious to know how anyone purports to know how another creature does or does not feel pain, Cos they don't yell? Or cos it makes you feel better not to have to think about the idea that it's a being just as conscious as yourself? I don't buy Aristotle's claim that animals are unthinking creatures akin to machines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, swords, but what is natural about humans anymore?

It's no use in debating flies, anyway.

Edit in response to your edit:

If it was a creature just as conscious as myself, it'd have at least a 50-gram brain, let alone my 3+ pound (average human?-eh, maybe mine is a bit more than normal...) brain. I never said these fish were simply machines, I said they are akin to flies...I made that very clear. Do you not swat flies? Do flies feel pain, or not? Let me take things up a notch; a grasshopper. Do grasshoppers feel pain; does anyone even care? Are grasshoppers machines?
    "I'm just a scientist without the proper documentation."

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113724

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast