What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tattooed fish, thoughts?

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
not my kinda thing.......i dont mind gaudy fish but prefer them to be naturally so

246_mandarindragonetgreenshrimpi.jpg

I just wanted to point out that that is a terrific picture of a Yap Mandarin. I started my 'Tropical Fish Tyranids' Warhammer 40K army after looking for ideas and seeing the pics of these guys. Painfully beautiful IMO (also, ironic grin).

As far as tatooing fish goes, I think it's silly. I try my best not to get emotional on these subjects but the bottom line is that human vanity knows no bounds, and thus we change our environment as we see fit to those ends. I'm not one for it, but I'm not gonna show up at the manufacturer's door with a torch-and-pitchfork.

Dang... I want a Yap Mandarin again now.

started my 'Tropical Fish Tyranids' Warhammer 40K army after looking for ideas and seeing the pics of these guys.
Got any pics of that squad you can post? I LOVE Warhammer!

I'm more into the old world Warhammer Chaos and Undead armies than the WH40K but I did have a squad of Noise Marines and a Rhino Land Cruiser painted up to Tzneetch and some tech priests dedicated to Nurgle. Tech Priests were one of my fave WH40K character concepts, half robed monk / half cyborg. I started collecting Warhammer minis in 1988 or so. Called the "classic mini line" if you ever get the gigantic Citadel bible / catalog / project book. The prices were no where near what they charge nowadays or I would have never been able to buy them (the catalog alone nowadays is $40 for gods sake). I wish I still had all those minis, I must've painted 1000+ minis back in the day (well, a couple hundred anyway) of course doing tons of customizations using the "green stuff". Now I just collect the Warhammer art & background books, they always had good art, except for in the new book of Chaos called Liber Chaotica, the art director responsible for that should be infected by Nurgles Rot! lol! The best art in it is from the original 20 year old Chaos books while the new work is just concept sketches, not even finished art... :(

A couple years ago as a sculpting exercise I sculpted a couple Warhammer characters. An 11" tall Great Unclean One (greater daemon of Nurgle) from the Classic Warhammer Realm of Chaos book cover called "Lost and the Damned" which you can see (unpainted) here: http://www.toyriot.com/unclean.htm

And here is my 11" tall Fabricator General of Mars from WH40K who was the leader of the rebellious Tech Priests during the Horus Heresy: http://www.toyriot.com/fabricator.htm

Oh, and a 8" Chaos Beastman: http://www.toyriot.com/goatlord.htm

If you don't have it yet, go and check out Bolt Thrower's Realm of Chaos CD! All lyrics and album art are concepts from Warhammer Realm of Chaos and WH40K. As far as I'm concerned it's the best "groove laden" death metal album ever created (and it's from 1989 IIRC). Songs like: Plague Bearer, World Eater, Lost Souls Domain, Eternal War, Through the Eye of Terror, Profane Creation and the title track among with other hymns of the dark millennium culled from the world of Warhammer. The record was even partly produced and promoted through White Dwarf magazine and sold through the Citadel catalog as well as all other Earache Records distributors. I have the first pressing LP version which is a gatefold cover (actually the original WH40K rulebook cover) that opens with with a scene of Genestealers attacking Space Marines (this art was used as the original Space Hulk WH40K box set artwork back in the 80's). The lyric booklet is full of old time Warhammer artwork. I think I saw the LP version on Ebay for $100 while I was hunting up a CD copy for the car. I paid $8.99 originally for it back in the day! lol! But The CD is just as good, plus contains a bonus track.

Cool concepts on the minis! Lotta those (un-greenstuffed) Tyranids look old school, not the modern insectoid look. I remember how some of those look from the Space Hulk box set. Sigh, the memories! I bought a few of the newer Warhammer minis a year or so ago, I can't hardly see that stuff anymore, I dunno how I ever painted them. I had younger eyes back then! :D

Cool work on the games! What software did you use on those? I've attempted to use Blender to do some 3D modeling and stuff before I spent a wad on Lightwave but I can't even get my thumb outta my arse with Blender, so there's no sense in me spending the cash on Lightwave. Too much learning curve with all that. I'm working on just plain old digital paintings in Photoshop with a Wacom pen tablet. I can figure this out and get stuff done, no math, no mesh! lol!

Back on topic (for a change) they had the dye injected glass cat fishes again at the Petsmart, along with a spacious 1.8 Gallon R2D2 robot Star Wars fish tank (Just $99). For the person who wants to embarrass their tattooed fish even more before it dies I guess! lol!

Can I use this picture for a project I am doing?

You're asking this on a thread that stopped posting 9 years ago...

[MENTION=12892]Mr.John[/MENTION] I'll see if I can send him an email for you.
Andrew

Wow! What a "zombie" thread rising from the dead.

Though it is nice to see old familiar fondly remembered names and avatars...

Back