Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: tattooed fish, thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler you know full well that Prairie dogs crop the vegetation around their burrows to create a clear line of sight for predators. Hardly call that destroying. But we people modify our habitat too.

The argument that animals do/do not feel pain is irrelevant in the end. We as human beings inflict pain on eachother, and know what we are doing. We know we feel pain and are traumatized about it. Hell, we say so. From simply saying hurtful petty things to someone else to all out warfare between groups, we as a people do cause pain. Much pain. And many do not care. Should we care if, say a criminal or terrorist is in pain? Or if civilians die in a conflict? The reviews and results are mixed. Some care some do not. Animals, especially ones that are'nt bright-eyed or furry haven't a chance.

ESPECIALLY if there is profit to be had.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler you know full well that Prairie dogs crop the vegetation around their burrows to create a clear line of sight for predators. Hardly call that destroying. But we people modify our habitat too.
    yes they do.....and in good years it improves the grazing for other wildlife......ever seen what happens in a bad years? aint anything left for the dirt rats to eat let alone anything else.....killer whales have been shown to play with injured seals when they arent really hungry........hitting them with their tails and sending them sailing through the air just to swim over and do it again all the while the seal is still alive....when game is plentiful wolves will kill deer/elk/livestock, eat the best bits suchas the liver ad tender chuncks of muscle, leave the rest to rot and go kill another to once again just eat the best bits.....nature can be just as cruel as ppl
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seen what happens in a bad years? aint anything left for the dirt rats to eat let alone anything else.
    Those other animals would just move assuming there was not a fence in the way.
    killer whales have been shown to play with injured seals when they arent really hungry........hitting them with their tails and sending them sailing through the air just to swim over and do it again all the while the seal is still alive....when game is plentiful wolves will kill deer/elk/livestock, eat the best bits suchas the liver ad tender chuncks of muscle, leave the rest to rot and go kill another to once again just eat the best bits.....nature can be just as cruel as ppl
    Of course it can. The deaths of the insects our plants consume is a bad way to go. Sundews in particular.

But just because something happens does not justify it. Animals are animals, but with people its different. Especially when it can be avoided. ****, murder, torture of innocents. It all happens, but that doesn't mean it should be tolerated. I have heard people suggest that.

"Thats life" - Its a truth, but never a justification.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If painted fish are bad... How about,

Teenage-Mutant-Ninja POODLE!

More over here:
    http://www.pinkcoyote.net/creativegrooming.html
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as i said.....my issue is who gets to decide where the line gets drawn........everyone here seems to more or less agree that our congress is filled with some of the dumbest ppl this country can produce...i aint happy where they like to draw the lines 95% of the time now......sure in the hell dont want them drawing more....dont like something like tattooed fish or line bred dogs with smashed faces....boycott them with your wallets.....think chickens grown in metal cages are cruel, buy free range......buy organic field raised beef........

was watching a thing this week about some Hindu's over in India.....some of them sacrifice animals, particularly chickens and goats to a certain god on certain days.....they go to the temple.....bring the goat in front of the alter, an individual that does nothing but the actual cutting cuts its throat, severing arteries, animal bleeds out onto thee alter, is dead in 30 seconds or less.......the person that brought that animal, carries it 50 feet presents it to a butcher who slices up all the meat which the family takes home and makes a ceremonial meal.....the show was condemning it and from what i saw nothing different was happening from when i put a bullet in the heart of a deer, take it home and fry up the backstraps......takes the same amount of time for my heart shot deer to die, same amount of suffering......ive got no problem with those Hindus sacrificing that goat to their god.....but lots of folks seem to think its horrible cause is in the name of religion....practically, its no different from my hunting or on the farm slaughtering
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mother has a bunch of german shepard dogs that have ID number tattoos. The tats are done when they are puppies and they yelp when the pins go in but are fine the second it's over.
    My previous wire Jonah was tattooed. It took about 15 seconds and done. He was fine...never made a peep and was thrilled with his dog treat afterwards. He was tattooed with my social sec. number and state. I considered it invaluable. I would have tattooed Ollie but I never saw any tat clinics. However, I do have Ollie microchipped. But a tat is something anyone can see...you don't need a special machine to find it. Mainly I did it because it is illegal to for a research facility to take a tattooed dog. I'd still recommend it for any dog owner.

I too do not like dogs/cats bred for flat faces. They can't breathe.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If painted fish are bad... How about,

Teenage-Mutant-Ninja POODLE!

More over here:
    http://www.pinkcoyote.net/creativegrooming.html
    Not at all like coloring a fish. That's just hair dye, not tattooed on.

Wrong to do? No, but it gives the dog a good reason to bite its keeper. LOL

Hideous? Certainly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but lots of folks seem to think its horrible cause is in the name of religion....practically, its no different from my hunting or on the farm slaughtering
    That's their own fundamentalist worldview though. Those people think any and all other religions are "pagan" while only ours is "pure" cos we only kill people who disagree with us instead of sacrificing animals. "Our religion is more civilized" they like to say. In Christianity for example, Christ was supposed to be the "ultimate sacrifice", thus no more need of the bloody animal sacrifices in the manner of "consecrating David's temple" as described in the old testament. So, it's people of opposing faiths dying now as the "sacrifices" to the glory of this or that god, seems the idea is the more deaths a "mainstream religion" (Christians, Jews and Muslims) piles up decides the winningest religion...
    But anyway, I don't see anything wrong with the ceremonial use of creatures when they are extinguished quickly and then consumed, there is, as you mention, not much difference in that than other forms of slaughter. I myself don't wish to participate in the act of killing anything (man or beast) but that's just me.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast