Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fur trade petition, buzzkill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just concerned with preserving the skin and keeping the hair on the hide
    Same here, but I found last yr that my salt cured squirrel was loosing hair. I hair sprayed the whole thing. It looks great and you can't tell by looking, but it feels funky. No big deal since I just hangs on the wall, but I would like to do better.

I've also heard that southern animals aren't as well furred and that stands to reason, but haven't seen a southern pelt in person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same reason its worthless to shoot 'yotes for sale till late December/January up here, has to get cold for awhile for the dense under coat to develop...which is why northern 'yotes, bobcats, foxes and such tend to bring better prices than southern animals but how much more depends on the current fur market......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, thanks for the clarification, whoever is responsible for making/instigating this video might be harmed if I ever met them--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who knows, might have been someone with PETA. You know, for the greater good, just to let a few suffer to end the suffering of many. LOL That sounds about like their (il)logic. That would be along the same lines as their VP's stance on using animal tested insulin while being against animal testing, "I need my life so I can fight for theirs [animals' lives]." Makes a difference as to who it is that needs what ya know. She'd might as well walk around in a live-skinned fur coat since she's against that too. LOL

It's a person's right to be for or against whatever they wish, but I abhor hypocrisy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen reputable trappers work and this seems a bit on the absurd side and would be suspicious as well of the motivation behind such a horrific movie. Here in Oswego, the trappers have been put out of business both by legislation and by the current trend in fashion which eschews fur and the like for clothing. Since we have killed off the predators of these smaller animals, the population vectors have gone wild in the county so mama Nature stepped in with a rabies epidemic to even things out. Here, we greet our little furry friends with fear, not pleasure. Hunting and trapping are necessities for controlling population growth and should be tolerated if not encouraged. Someday we may depend again on these skills and they shouldn't be lost.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say, PETA provides things that actually trigger my 'block-out-those-memories" reflex moreso than most other things I've seen on the internet, including some of the shock site big bads like orgish and such. I can remember stuff from those sites with great disdain, but PETA video's, I get a mental dry heave from.

But ever since PETA came out against "Cooking Mama", the Nintento game series, I really can't take them seriously anymore.

http://www.peta.org/cooking-mama/index.asp

Ayup.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That just made me laugh. They should sell this, it would be a hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say, I finally played it for myself just now, and anyone who cooks under those conditions and that messily are guilty of being cruel only to themselves... I mean, seriously, how the hell do you blister a turkey? Who leaves neck veins sticking out like that? And is it really that hard to keep the gravy in the boat!?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast