Thread: Fur trade petition, buzzkill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fur trade petition, buzzkill

This video has moved me in a way nothing has in a while:
    http://www.peta.org/feat/ChineseFurFarms/index.asp
    I do not have a fundamental problem with wearing leather, fur, or any hide. But the removal of an animals hide while it is alive seems so obscenely sadistic, words fail me. Don't watch the video if you are not thick skinned but please at least read the description of these practices by some of the Chinese fur traders, and consider signing the adjoining petition. You may not like the way PETA addresses some things in their actions but if you don't find this practice utterly perverse, then you have serious desensitization issues. Edit: Actually, it seems the petition mainly is used for solicitation, so if you don't want to be a donor to PETA you may not want to sign. Just look at the evidence they show and be aware that fur products often come from these places.
    Last edited by throckmoron; 12-10-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: clarify

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rattler should I string 'im up fer ya? lol!

I'm probably one of the few pro-PETA / ALF people here so none of this is news to me. My previous employer actually had one of PETAs affiliates as a client, we printed / bound / mailed their newsletters several times year. The Burlington Coat factory was sorta run outta MN when it came out on the news that all the fur used on their winter coat hoods was dog fur. Granted the meat was not wasted and it was the fur being sold as the" waste product" to the coat makers but a lot of people had big problems with that because they had not read the label. The coats did say "Mongolian Dog Fur" but nobody ever reads labels...!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was aware in posting this that PETA gets people riled up like few other organizations do, but whether you are a hunter or a vegan, or a philosophical anorexic, this is not the way to take an animals hide. It kind of makes me want to skin one of these guys who's just doing his job, in my sick little way.

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Well, I guess I am convinced this video isn't telling the truth. I knew it was probably to bad to be true, and also knew that PETA likes to exaggerate things.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one made the rounds a while back. If I remember correctly, it was revealed that this is not a normal practice, and that this peasant did it on request of the camera person for extra shock value (the live skinning of the animal). I don't have link, it was a few years ago I first saw this.

But don't get me wrong, it is disgusting how we as humans treat animals - with no regard to their suffering as sentient beings. It shouldn't surprise me, look how we treat our own species. I'm a passionate animal lover, and things like this make me sick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    going to have to call BS, that stunt was done specifically for the camera.....no one with any brain cells skins an animal alive if they like keeping all of their fingers......if i tried to do that to a coon, bobcat, beaver, coyote or fox on a regular basis i would be covered in scars......also the whole setup doesnt even come close to what a fur farm looks like, looks like a couple individuals caught some animals and skinned them alive specifically for that video....that is defiantly NOT a fur farm, its a couple of idiot jackarses....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rattler, that's the first thing that came to mind watching the video. There is NO reason to skin a animal alive.
    When the Discovery channel first came out they had lots of shocking video. They showed cats being dipped in hot oil and the skin pulled off alive, left skinless and alive for sale. Crazy!
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was aware in posting this that PETA gets people riled up like few other organizations do
    With good reason...

Why would anyone be pro-PETA? I can understand being for animal rights and wanting them to be treated humanely, but PETA is nothing but a group of giant hypocrites. That's been proven over and over again. They don't love animals, they just hate people and try to cover up their two-faced habits. Ingrid Newkirk is an outright, two-faced militant. As for their VP, Mary Beth Sweetland, she may be an even bigger hypocrite. The whole organization is a sham.

They don't want people to kill animals, but they do... and have a huge walk-in freezer full of the some 2,000 that they themselves obtain and kill each yr. They don't want animals to be used in testing, while Ms. Sweetland uses animal tested insulin. They don't want animals to be harmed. Meanwhile, they can bomb labs where any innocent bystanders could be killed. It's such a huge double standard it's ridiculous.

They don't save animals at all like they claim they do, they kill them! They claim they turn over adoptable animals to the local shelter. The shelter states otherwise, "PETA refuses to surrender animals they obtain to area shelters for rehoming."

If I was going to support animal rights, it certainly wouldn't be through PETA. I'd donate to a local no-kill shelter (in fact, our one dog is from one) instead to see where my money is really going. Not to some terrorist organization like PETA that is guilty of bombings.

Sure, I don't like anyone skinning an animal alive either (and I doubt that was a legit video, probably a PETA publicity stunt), but I see PETA as being no less evil. - maybe even more so. They should be shut down, not supported.

See http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast