Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want a big monitor!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks I love it!

When you get 2 monitors installed you just configure the software for the vid card (mine is a Nvidia 8800GT with 512mb DDR2) so you set it up to extend the desktop (rather than duplicate), set up which is on the left and right, all that.

The mouse settings do not change... but if you want to move from one monitor to the other quickly- you just up the acceleration of your mouse. Which makes it so small movements are small.. but fast movements are much faster so you can zoom all the way across quickly.

...living in a bank Actually I'm the groundskeeper/night manager of this apt complex and we have security systems all around the property. I live right by our "shop" where most the tools are kept and also by the pool. So it made sense to just set it up here. I have it on my computer as well as recording just because it covers out my gate (where you can see my truck and the shop is on the left) so- my monitor could do it so I did it. I don't know what they're gonna do when I move this coming year though This particular system is mine and they liked it so I purchased more for laundry rooms etc.

Just for fun I just played around with my set up and took some vid with my phone.. kinda give an idea of how it translates back and forth. The black bar in the middle of the two screens (edges of the monitors) may look like it's annoying... but it doesn't take long to forget it's even there and most the time you pick a monitor for all the applications and don't have anything between the two.

Hope it helps!
    Andrew

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my wife did a setup like that Andrew, when she bought a new laptop instead of a desk top to replace her work computer, she used both the laptop screen and a flat panel to have 2 screens going.......she decided it was more hassle than it was worth for what she does at the paper but i think it would have worked better had she had 2 monitors side by side like yours so that there wasnt a huge jump like she had going on.......if i used a desktop at home rather than sitting on the couch with my laptop i would likely set up two monitors like you have.....

swords.....i havent seen very good results using a TV screen for a computer monitor but at the moment the wife has a monitor hooked to her laptop at work thats great.....its bigger than the TV in our bedroom and she uses it with photoshop all the time....forget how much she paid but it was cheaper than most the TV's out there right now.......will get the model number and such for yah later today or tomorrow.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running on this. Great buy for a large 1080p monitor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254026

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was out looking at monitors and TVs today and I noticed there are some higher resolution LCD TVs that have the same 1098p rating of PC monitors. The cheaper LCDs are all 720p resolution but the ones that are bit pricier have the same resolution (on paper) as the monitors. Would these pricer models be simply the same as a huge monitor?

Of course the kids at the stores wanted to get me taking one home today saying "You can just bring it back tomorrow if it's not what you want." but I just went to the used bookshop across the street instead!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12