Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: very icy here in Maine:)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very icy here in Maine:)

just saw a nice light show that I think was lines going down I love this stuff.
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup that's the stuff!
    It's fun when you have the perfect tool for chipping that stuff off your car, and it's inside on the passenger seat, while you and the ice are outside! lol!

This morning as I left work to come home (4:15am) I kept waiting for my windshield to defrost, then realized if I scraped the ice ON THE INSIDE OF THE CAR it would defrost and get me home much faster! Everyone laughs at me cos some times I've gotta scrape the windshield on the outside and the inside. I always forget this weird quirk on my car, nobody else I know has to do this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressive. We just got lots of rain, although some of it looked a little solid. Were you there for the 1998 ice storm?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It reminds me of a ice up that happened in long Island last year. The porch steps were covered in several inches of ice. Tree barnches snapped off everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressive. We just got lots of rain, although some of it looked a little solid. Were you there for the 1998 ice storm?
    I was. That was when I lived in Maine as a kid. We had no power for days and the ice was so thick that you could shatter the foundation shrubs (which we did) as they were solid blocks of ice. The ice on the snowbanks could support your weight, you did not need a sled to go down a hill. It was, in fact, superior to a sled on any slope.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother, who lives ~1/2 hour north of Albany, NY, doesn't expect to get power back until Tuesday. My mother-in-law, who lives in the Adirondacks, just got snow.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche