What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonball trailer...thoughts?

I think its a fail. Seriously! The cartoon itself was cheesy (but good when I was a kid). But this movie just completely butchered the cheesiness and takes it to a next level of failure. A horrible horrible adaptation. WHy couldn't they do it like TMNT? Animated but realistic stylized animation. That would have been better.

ah...more ruined childhood memories... :/

Ugh, and here I thought the franchise couldn't get any worse after GT. They're combining Gohan Sr. with Roshi and merging the original setting and the Z plot arcs? I miss the comic about a naked monkey boy and his adventures with talking pigs and levitating purple cats. I bet there won't even be any villains named after ethnic cuisine. The original series is still one of my favorite manga. Sigh...
~Joe

Quite possibly more fail than Terminator: Salvation. And that's being directed by a guy named "McG"!

WTF. Don't even call it dragonball if your going to do that.... Call it X-men or something and just rename the dragonball's, call them "Power spheres" and build the plot around that; Because what I saw in NO WAY RESEMBELED DB. Seriously. I don't remember any Atv's that transformed in DB. Oh and was it just me or did the bad guy look like he was wearing Dr. Doom's mask? Terrible trailor for a soon to be terrible movie. Bulma's hair was the wrong color. And Roshi wasn't an asian guy in the anime... He was a perverted bald white guy. That guy in the trailor didn't look perverted at all. I hope that it does bad enough that they will not consider making a sequal.

I think the ATV is supposed to be a Capsule Corp. machine. Dunno why it appears to be remote-controlled, though... Yes, not showing much promise, here.
~Joe

Even Still Joe, Goku always had the nimbus cloud to fly around on :/ why on earth would he want to downgrade to an atv (especially one that is far too complex for the show to even include). Oh yea, and where was krillan in the previews? :/

Wow, looks like they have it all wrong.
As Steven Mcgee said, Roshi is supposed to be white. And in addition, Goku should look Asian'er'.
Piccolo looks the cheesiest of all, though.

Oh yeah, pause at 1:15 for a "lol".

Well, many of you may not know it because of the little-to-none promotion the movie had this side of the pond, but Dragonball Evolution has premiered and made a pitiful $4.6M opening weekend. Not surprising considering the terrible directing, script, special effects, and in Yamcha's case, acting.
Even though this movie has flopped worldwide, Fox has already given the go ahead for a sequel. Here's an interesting theory I came across:

Fox didn’t promote DB in the US after the near verbal beating they got from early Asian reviewers, so when they make a sequel, nobody in the US - where they hope to make more money the next time- will remember how “bad” the first one was and refuse to go see it using that reason. By saving money on advertisment this time, this increases the chances of getting a sequel, as Fox thinks their measely investment didn’t turn out so bad.

Did anyone else here see it?

I didn't even know it was out (case and point in above instance) BUT, I did just watch the trailer, and wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt, but indeed, it looks like utter crap.

Back