User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: alright can anyone beat this............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright can anyone beat this............

cold snap over much of the western US......ive got -27 right now, figuring windchill in its -49.....day time high w/o windchill predicted at -18 with wind chill lows of -45....at 3am it was -26 with a windchill of -52..................and to make the whole thing more miserable.....humidity is over 70%........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big deal! Low last night 61. High today only 83. Now that is truely brutal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buster1 View Post
    Big deal! Low last night 61. High today only 83. Now that is truely brutal!
    LMAO! I hate Florida, it's the middle of December for crying out loud! Everyone who is freezing out there, stay safe
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... I can beat that. I got stuck outside in that weather. With a sweater on. I was such a idiot.

... HOUSING DOORS SHOULD NOT BE LOCKED UNEXPECTEDLY. I just had to run to one place within easy walking distance... not smart but it was so quick it did not matter. But because of the weather it was closed. Locked. So I went back to my housing and tried to open the door.

It was locked. It is never locked, that door is to REMAIN OPEN AT ALL TIMES. And of course, it was a quick run so of course I did not think to bring a cell phone. Or keys, because, you know, I wouldn't need them . Dumb move.

Places closed up early because of the weather... everything was ****ing locked. I ran from ****ing building to building trying to find shelter but everything was ****ing locked. I couldn't get inside. DO YOU know how fast you start to loose heat in that kind of wind. I started to get really tired but not feel the cold. I fell over a few times and it was kind of surreal because a face full of snow should feel colder. Or, feel like something.

Really tired. Now I know what it feels like to loose body core temperature. I thought for a second that it was not so cold that I couldn't rest... in the snow. Right after thought that, it was my "holy ****!" moment. What had been a big annoyance became much much more. Never been more worried than I was last night. Normally short distances seemed to go on forever.

Ugh, it was horrible. They lock up everything on Sunday night. And because of the conditions, things that are normally unlocked are closed. Why?

I managed to get into another place a good distance away, but that was more of a matter of luck. And by then I was sort of half-mad. I know my core temperature dropped because I could feel it. Hell, I still feel cold in my chest right now even though I must be back to normal by now.

I hunted down the person in charge of my building today and said some not-so kind things. I scared the crap out of her, in fact.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn man......you win......no contest.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way can I beat that. Just for fun I looked up Fargo's weather last night. Yikes all you folks in the upper midwest sure get brutal winters.

Jeez at 20 degrees my cars door locks freeze, the car doesn't run well, and our home furnace has to run nearly all the time.

The coldest I've experienced is -20, and I remember it hurt my lungs to breath it in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I can beat that, but I woke up really early in the morning thinking there was a tornado or something because of this loud whooshing noise. It was only the wind, but it was blowing really hard and is still doing it. The wind is just making it colder. Half of the snow melted, causing flooding, then most of it froze again, so our whole driveway is just ice. We also lost power, and our TV isn't working. At least there's a lot less clouds so it looks pretty nice out.
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.
    My growing growlist of growing things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does hurt to breathe it. And trust me when I say that almost no feeling in the world is worse than the one you feel when the door that you know should lead to shelter because it has always opened for you before doesn't budge.
    that makes no logic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast