What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 days left - got your shopping done yet?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
We're winding down the shopping days left for this years gift-buying season.

Is everyone already done with their Christmas / Hanukkah / Saturnalia shopping yet?

Does anyone else have a terrible time thinking of really "cool" stuff to give people?

I'm still stumped for something cool for either of my parents. I got my dad an MC Escher art print calendar and a Euro Potato Peeler. They're only two things I know he really wants but neither of them are very thrilling.
I bought my mom all the Nicolas Sparks books (romance or something) but I had her pick them out. I always wish I could find something amazing to give them. I've got 10 more days to find something.

My co-workers & friends are much easier, I'm giving my secret santa girl at work a scarf and a non-lighting liquid sandalwood incense vase and bamboo skewer thingy.
One of my friends is the only girl I know who LOVES horror films (Saw especially) so I'm giving her a Saw action figure which includes the puppet on the tricycle which is her favorite thing.
My best friend is getting a film adaption of Marquis de Sades story "Justine" (starring Jack Palance!) on DVD.

Don't forget the Utopians, they celebrate by chanting and screaming in the woods at the moon naked.

Sounds like a blast! I was into Druidry back in the early 90s... Any girls there? :D

I assume you've got your shopping and stuff all done?

We celebrate Christmas on Dec 25 Julian calendar, which translates into January 7th Gregorian calendar... Still a while to go, plus all the after-xmas sales to get rid of the leftovers :)

I just want all the stupid christmas advertisements and fake santas to go away. God I hate fake santas.

Oh yeah Dimka, I'm waiting for the after Xmas / new year's sales before I get my new PC monitor, hopefully things will be $100 or better less by then! :)

God I hate fake santas.
Fake Santas? Do you know where the real one is?

In a word: NO. :)

Quote:
God I hate fake santas.

Fake Santas? Do you know where the real one is?

Dude c'mon now.

Dude c'mon now.
Hey, I'm just looking to contact the Santa Claus complaint dept. I'm still waiting on my HE-MAN Castle Greyskull playset from 1982... lol! :D

I just want all the stupid christmas advertisements and fake santas to go away. God I hate fake santas.

You know what I REALLY dislike? How movies that are being recently released on DVD and that don't have ANYTHING to do with Christmas are advertised as if they do have lots to do with the holiday and holiday season. Sometimes the commercial plays music, adds in snow animations, and of course says "get (TITLE) in time for your holiday season". Also, I have noticed that if the movie has a little scene that takes place in a snowy area or a cabin (or similar holiday iconic places), the advertisers exploit it in conjunction with what I mentioned above. :puke:
Sorry for ranting....

Back on topic:
Yes, I have done my holiday shopping. All I have left to do is wrapping all the gifts up... I think I'd rather pluck seed out of my devil's claws..... :oops:

Back