The next meeting of the Los Angeles Carnivorous Plant Society will be Saturday December 20, 2008.
The meeting will be held at the Alhambra Chamber of Commerce.
104 S. First St., Alhambra, California
Doors open 10:45am. Meeting begins at 11:00am.
Presentation topics to be announced.
Meeting dues are $3 payable at the meeting.
Featured this month will be the annual Potluck meal and carnivorous plant gift exchange.
If you would like to participate in the gift plant exchange bring a beyond beginner carnivorous plant (wrapped or bagged if possible) and pick up a ticket.
It is not mandatory to bring a dish or gift CP.
The basic categories of foods that we would like people to bring to the potluck are:
* Main Dishes (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian)
* Appetizers (chips and dips, finger food, guacamole)
* Salads (green, potato, Jell-O, etc.)
* Drinks (both regular and sugar free)
* Deserts (both regular and sugar free)
A few rules to remember about potlucks:
1. Make/bring what you like to eat, most likely other people will like it too.
2. Coordination is nice, but not essential. When in doubt, just follow rule 1.
3. There is always LOTS of food at a potluck. If you are unable to bring anything, don't worry about it, just come and enjoy!
For more information see the LACPS Website
Please join our Yahoo Group and listserv. (some attempt at potluck coordination there )
As always bring your CPs to trade, sell, give away, show-off or have questions answered.