What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Move

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I know I have been absent from here in the last few months. But I have been working on a big project. I've built a house and I'm about to move in. I didn't want to really say much about it because I always seem to have plans fall apart at the last minute. I didn't want to say much about it in case that happened, which it almost did thanks to Palisades Collection's crappy business practices.

Anyway , I signed the final papers and paid the down payment tonight almost a month late because of the idiots at palisades.

Here are a few pics I took during construction.

l_7de9fdba293048a1810bb44fd7cc75a4.jpg

l_275fe0a9f98e4a15ae68a25d56eea9f4.jpg

Here's the back of the house, I couldn't get a good pic because of the sun.

l_1dfdf40edd2042dea9410925e1973db3.jpg

The kitchen.

l_fd7ffec573b24b61bfb353720b8e9dd4.jpg

The back yard.
l_db65dfeaf98b478faf35972d297a3a42.jpg

Now for the selling point, It has access to a huge lake in the back yard.

l_fd5d379769ce47c787c7246ef074e857.jpg

l_2a650c9310af4c72a03944e4ec41f9a8.jpg

l_0ddfae5542a749f5b34debd8853ce961.jpg

Just passed these trees. the lake opens up into a very large lake.

Here's the lake, zoomed out.
<iframe marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=34.032959,-78.059664&spn=0.017249,0.027637&t=h&z=15&output=embed&s=AARTsJqzARj-Z8VnW5pkPMLMmZbqrJcYpw" scrolling="no" width="425" frameborder="0" height="350"></iframe>
<small>View Larger Map</small>

Think about the fun and trouble I'm gonna get into on that lake. I've already looked for alligators in it but haven't found any yet. The key word there is yet. I know they are there.

Here's the street view. It's the wooded lot.
<iframe marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/sv?cbp=12,53.680731275028904,,0,5&cbll=34.037734,-78.066472&panoid=&v=1&hl=en&gl=us" scrolling="no" width="425" frameborder="0" height="240"></iframe>
<small>View Larger Map

I've already found a lot of cp sites nearby. I know I'll find a lot more. My house will be about a mile from the site that NASC helped save a few years ago. Even though everything is all but final, I still won't be able to move in for another week because I'm going out of town, in the morning. I was suppose to be moved in before I left, but palisades ruined that.
</small>

That's awesome, Ozzy! I was wondering what you were up to recently. Sounds like the perfect neighborhood for you. What a beautiful house, too. A job well done, indeed.

xvart.

Whoa! That's awesome! Congrats Ozzy, and well done!

Capslock

I'll my congrats also. Enjoy your new place!

Super cool, Mark! Congrats on the new place, even if the idiots at the palisades are... idiots. Looks like a terrific location!

very nice ozzy, good luck with the new house!!! and take some pics of them CPs in situ eh!

Beautifull house, beautiful lake, and cps nearby? NICE!!! :)

Looks like a nice place to live. Congratulations! Enjoy your new home. :)

Very cool! I dig that mobile map thing you have at the end.

Very cool ! Congratulations man !

that's awsome mark! congrats on the new construction! every time i drive through north carolina i think about stopping for a swamp tour. think they have semi parking? lol!

peace,
tech...

Thanks everybody. This is my first house, and I can't wait to get in it.

Brian, I'll pm you my number so you can give me a call when you're in the area. Try to plan it so you can spend a couple of days.

Wow, big news! Enjoy it, buddy.
~Joe

CONGRATS Ozzy, beautiful home and awsome land..

very nice, i like the location, it`s what i`ve been looking for in a house by the water, hope evrything works out for you

Congratulations!

This highlights a dilemma we face - we like and want to preserve the habitats where CPs live, but we also want to live in places we like and can become part of the development pressure.

It's gonna be great to live in a home that you built with your own hands.

Nice house! You are lucky to have some cp sites near your house, all I have found is aquatic utrics.

Yes, but you forgot the greenhouse.....no doubt to be added later. Enjoy it amigo you deserve it!

Back