Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here they come .....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have them in Indiana. Not sure if we have the exact type as above. The smell is awful and indescribable. They aren't in quite the numbers you have though. You ocassionally see one here and there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love bugs, but these guys are SO annoying. They sound terrible when they fly and crash into my wall, usually right above my bed at night. I'm more paranoid about rolling over onto a stinkbug at night than anything else. Luckily, I've yet to be sprayed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter lives in Pittsburgh, PA. The whole city is infested with them and bedbugs eewwww. They suggest spraying them with a mixture of dishsoap and water so you don't get sprayed. Also, suck them up with the sweeper. I did some research for her on the electronic pest controllers, too bad they don't work, that would be wonderful solution, no chemicals or traps, but most people say they just don't work. Anyone here tried them?
    MyHumminbird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tried to put one on my alicia....the guices it reliesed killed the several leafs it touched. the other one found it way into the maxima....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These things are like super invasives. Pesticide resistant, virtually no predators, thouthands of offspring...
    Well now they will be an asian ladybug and a japanese beetle combined. I really need a nepenthes.

Oh they smell like mint too me. It isint even strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New article - "Stink bug spread worries growers across nation".

Some excerpts:
    This spring, stink bugs have been seen in 33 states, including every one east of the Mississippi River and as far west as California, Oregon and Washington.
    Mark Seetin, the association's director of regulatory and industry affairs, called it the worst threat to farmers he's see in his 40 years in agriculture.
    "If I was a mad scientist doing gene splicing and putting together a bug that would really be nasty and I was turning it loose on my enemy, I probably couldn't do a better job," Bartlett said. "One might define this thing as the bug from hell."
    While this is obviously terrible, the national attention they get will finally lead to someone finding a way to control them. Like Japanese beetles, they're probably here to stay but if we can reduce the damage and reduce the numbers in my house - it'll be a good thing....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Ron I thought I was rid of those freaking bugs when I left Florida, such is not the case as 2 years ago, I saw the first groups of them I have ever seen up here... Only noticed them because I was not paying attention when I leaned against the house using my hand as a prop... Yeah, super pleasant smell right there...

Smile, it makes people nervous :) MH1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have anything like that across the Atlantic :') Haha, no Poison Ivy or Poison Oak either. We have something that look a bit like those stink bugs, called 'Shield Bugs', but they don't smell and aren't invasive into homes :') Maybe they have something like that on mainland Europe, but we have really strict border laws, so we have neither invasive bugs or rabies- the advantage of living on an island :')

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123