What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK, what did you all get from Santa?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Well, the title says it all, list this years gifts that you got and / or gave to others! :)

26 years later... still no HE-MAN Castle Greyskull... lol!

I scored:
Barnes and Noble book store gift cards from almost everyone - such an obvious choice! :)
socks
pants
2 HG Wells books on CDs (Time Machine & War of the Worlds 5 CDs each)
Origami fold a day calendar
Surrealism & Painting by Andre Breton
A "mechanical wallet"??

I gave my mom: Every Nicolas Sparks romance book, gourmet cooking stuff that she listed (I don't know what it was!), and some cash to spend
I gave my dad: A huge oval crock pot, a euro potato peeler, all at once tomato slicer, MC Escher calendar and a bookstore gift card
I gave Toys for Tots: All the action figures I'd collected over the last 10 years or so. This was several hundred different figs from star wars, various movies, mcfarlane fantasy figs and certain superhero figs. All ranging from 3.75" to 12" all still "mint" (unopened) in retail packages. Many special editions that geeks (like me) would go crazy for - I did at the time. They sat packed in boxes in the garage since I remodeled the room where I kept them a year or two ago so I figured why not get rid of them completely.
Sorry Mabudon, I gave away the future video props - I did keep the Iron Maiden action figures though! lol!

I didn't get much this year, but that's ok. I got a new mouse and mouse pad for my computer. The mouse is one of those cool ones with a little light underneath instead of a ball. My old one always got stuck on every little piece of dust. I also got rechargeable batteries for my video camera, 4 AA's and 4 AAA's, both kinds go to the same charger. I hope everyone had a great holiday.

Lets see i got,

a $350.00 treadmill
$60.00 in cactus and succulents
new pajams 2 pair
socks
earings
perfume
books
candles
Dr. Scholls winter boots
clothes/under garments
and one other present thats gona be a few weeks late acording to hubby..:blush:

I got a lot of things for my back country canoe trip next year in the Everglades.

The bigger things:
Food Dehydrator - Nesco FD-61
Slumberjack Super Guide +30ºF Sleeping bag
Expedition Asym by Hennessy Hammocks
ISS 39 Lostmans River To Whitewater Bay (Waterproof) - nautical charts

Got the Wife:
Laptop
DVD / VCR Player
Digital Picture Frame
Pink Saphire earrings
OMRON DIGITAL POCKET PEDOMETER HJ-720ITC + PC SOFTWARE

I got nothing good... I got a 81cm LCD tv, a DVD player, spore, an iPod touch, $50 in iPod stuff, and $309 of spending money! :( LOL, j/k! I love having a huge family!

i got:
A brand new AXE! as in, the musical guitar kind of axe
A really nice old-school-wood-no-graphic-stained-beautiful longboard skateboard
Over $300 in gift cards & $$$ (will be gone by the 1st lol)
A whole new set of lacrosse gear SCORE!
My very first few ounces of investment gold and silver
Dark chocolate
A whole bunch of peat/perlite lol!

What I got:
iPhone
KitchenAid
Dionaea muscipula 'Red Piranha'
A night at the Grand Canyon
Rayman Raving Rabbids for Wii
Starbucks

What i didn't get

N. Jacquelinae
N. Villosa
N. Aristolochioides
N. Hamata
N. Rajah
N. Globosa
N. Bicalcarata
N. Rafflesiana
N. Ampullaria
N. Loopma
N. Oompadeedoo

ugh its like morning and im watching my cousins play wii fit and im light headed so yea... i dont care about gifts lol, it was all fun. just have fun being with your family :)

Meeeee.
-a cute teddy bearr
-50$ target gift cards
-Cp terranium :)
-30$ shirt
-100$ jacket ^^ with the fake fur and all :)
-fun and happiness

i gave
- lots of bath and body works gifts, to like 4 girls
-lotsa shirts to the guys
-200$ of jackets
-mahjong set
- and like dishwear lol
- 3 venus flytraps to my cousins, theyve got a big window.
overall it was pretty fun but im kind of dizzy,YET IM STILL NOT GONNA SLEEEEP :)

didnt get a ton of gifts cause my siblings and i chose to do a secret santa type thing cause most of us are still getting on our feet and made it easier than buying a gift for everyone and their spouses financially so from my one sister i got a new field dressing knife set which is great as it has a couple tools i didnt have already.....i gave my other sister a high quality kitchen knife set cause she has been doing lots of cooking and ive found out the hard way that you generally dont spend the money on good knives when your getting started in life and if you do try and do alot of cooking a good set of kitchen knives are worth their weight in gold......and my wife gave her boyfriend a craftsmen tool set...got alot of baked goods from my mom.....

purchased for myself......i got a new Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop.....decided not to build one up this time as basically all i do is run the net and Adobe Photoshop as well as a few minor games that arent resource hogs so i shopped the bargain bin thing on Dell's site and picked up this laptop that had memory upgrades and such that someone had built and immediately returned for less than the base price if i had started building it myself...

also picked up a new cell phone cause the old one was dieing......kinda nice, it doubles as an MP3 player....

New ice cream maker
Bottle of Plungerhead (2005 Red Zinfadel)
Ecuadorian chocolate
Willie and Waylon (on vinyl)
and the best one... an intoxicating afternoon (and evening) which was filled with close friends, fine food, blackberry brandy, hard cider and ridiculous amounts of conversation.

I got...
-A 24 gallon nanocube to start up a saltwater tank. (actually ordered on Christmas)
-An LG "dare" cell phone
-And Call Of Duty World at War for Xbox 360. (amazing game)

(Having divorced parents really does have its ups and downs! ;))

-A 24 gallon nanocube to start up a saltwater tank. (actually ordered on Christmas)

Oooh, I was just talking with my previous Marine Bio teacher the other days about those. He has one that is absolutely great. Those are super-nice; they're quite quiet and a very accessible size. I'll have to have my teacher remind me what he has in there, it looks amazing but it mostly self-sufficient. And he utilizes a lot of "pests" that he can get for free from the pet shops, but look great. (haha)

I hope you post some pics when you've got it all set up. :)

I got a couple of photo books, some nice clothes, a bunch of awesome candy (go Asian sister-in-law!).

I gave a bunch of candy (siblings) and I've ordered some Red Currant plants for my mom (hers got destroyed in an unfortunate accident,) and a beer kit for my dad.

Good times had all around. Now to prep for the New Year's party! :D

recieved : a candy cane.... that's just about it.
gave : alot of stuff to alot of people.

2 sleepwear clothes, wall-e, Phoenix complete set anime, $25 giftcard a shelf for my dvds and books, and a coffee arabica plant my friend knows I grow carnivorous plants so she thought I'd like this one.

Finale printmusic (composing software), a bunch of metal and wooden ring puzzles from Bits&pieces, a 5x5 rubiks cube, this neat remote control helicopter, wii fit, $25 to barnes and noble, $100 spending money, got the piano tuned (it had NEVER been tuned and there were mice in it!), a swiss army knife, an SAT study guide, this neat alarm clock that uses nature sounds, light and smell to wake you up, and some snowshoes. I gave my mom two one-hour coupons for watching my little sister and, for a secret santa, brownies with the person's name spelled out in M&Ms on the top.

Not much...

N. maxima 'dark' x talangensis...
IMG_7368.jpg

N. sibuyanensis x (northiana x veitchii) on the left, N. ventricosa x ephippiata on the right...
IMG_7370.jpg

N. sibuyanensis x (lowii x ventricosa) (potted in an eight-inch pot)...
IMG_7378.jpg

N. bellii x veitchii rooting on the left, N. bellii x (northiana x veitchii) rooting on the right (both snapped in-transit)...
IMG_7379.jpg

Expanded windowsill grow area...(N. truncata x (ventricosa x aristolochioides) on the right of the wooden bench)
IMG_7365.jpg

Plus:

Pitcher Plants of the Americas book...
Growing Carnivorous Plants book by Barry Rice...
Clothes...
PJ's...
Spam...
A Choo-Choo Train...
Model Aircraft kits...
A load of LFS...
Candy...
Yeah, not much... :D

But, I really have to thank "Santa" one for all these nice plants. :) "Santa," you know who you are!!! Thanks a million!!!

I got a book I'd been dying for...Remarkable Trees of Virginia! AWESOME book! I happened to see it in Barnes & Noble a couple of months ago. The photographer is from my hometown so that made the book even more special. Someone gave the book to my mother with instructions to pass it on to me. When I got home my mother said "There is a book on the dining room table for you." I couldn't believe it was the tree book!

:D :banana2:

Back