What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

alright Ozzy

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
Oh, wow. So sad that there isn't anything in the gadget gallery. I should make some sort of caltrop bomb...
~Joe

PS - My guess is "Erudite!"

HEY! I was just making fun of people elsewhere about this!

:-D

"Cos Play" (costume play) the kids call it. Adopting an alter ego or characterization of your personality, hopes, dreams, wishes and not least of all your fantasies! The only difference between having a fantasy and living it is having the guts to go for it. Over the top musical groups have been doing this since before KISS, but just cos you can't rock doesn't mean you can't slip into a costume and enjoy yourself once in a while. We don't laugh at country music fans dressed up as cowboys (well I do...) but very few of those drunken line dancers would survive 2 minutes in an actual rodeo roundup. You can be a superstar in your own neighborhood. If certain people can't take it, they're the ones who need to see someone in a costume (or put one on) most of all!

The police, firefighters, doctors, the army and the clergy all wear costumes if you think about it. We generally say "uniform", but what is a "uniform" if not a "costume"? It is only semantics (perception changing verbiage) that makes the difference.

I think costumes are hilarious and great. I think we need to see more people running around dressed as superheros, fantasy / historical characters or cowboys.

My first job was as a barker at the Renaissance Festival for 5 years, so I guess my opinion on this is a bit swayed! :D

Somehow, this seems a little different than cosplay - especially in the original context of the term. But I do get your point.
~Joe

Well, there are costumed people and then people who believe they are their costume...lol! But of course THAT can be the funniest thing of all! That site linked above for example is hilarious...
One of their forum members asks: "Does anyone know how a citizens arrest works? Can you just leave the crooks tied up for the cops to find?"
lol! :D

I always had a secret laugh during our after work parties in the employee campground at the Renaissance because there was a few men and women who'd been traveling and Rennaisancing for so long that they seemingly couldn't turn off their character. Even when the crowd was gone and they were back in jeans and a tee shirt on a Wednesday they'd still be talking, acting and I would say, even thinking (for the most part) the way their character would. IIRC several of the Monty Python people admitted to quitting due to this "reality shift" that comes to some with constant play acting and personality splitting. Some people can't handle the dual reality / split personality and have trouble getting out of character. Luckily for movies, plays and Rennaisance Faires this doesn't happen to too many.

As far as the actual wearing of masked superhero costumes, simply being masked is against the law in many places. Every so often the police here get tight on the "no-mask" laws and start arresting Somali women in my dad's neighborhood who wear full berkahs. After the news does some stories about it they let it go for another year or two.

yeah rattler I'm SandBucket Man

superhero.jpg

I see there was way too much drinking going on last night at the new Ozzy ranch! lol!

im now sorry i asked...........................

ugh, it's like something from my kinkyest nightmare.

lol. Happy birthday, Ozzy.

xvart.

Scared ahhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Back