Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zune Y2K ... +9

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Zune Y2K ... +9

Haha, alright, for those of you who own a 30 gig Zune, don't turn it on. Apparently as of last night at midnight, they go to the boot screen, the progress bar reaches the end, and the Zune freezes.

Considering the timing, it wouldn't surprise me if it's because this's a leap year and the extra day caused it to commit suicide. MS has apparently acknowledged the problem (hard to ignore too many thousands of posts with a single problem - unless you're Creative and have launched the XFi line...). No fix for now.

Those of you who have a Zune and have had it freeze before know that all you can do is wait for the battery to run down (unless you want to take off the back, risking damage.) So, I'd recommend that you simply not turn it on. I didn't get this warning.

With all of the nice things that I say about Microsoft, some of you may wonder why I have a Zune. The reason is purely pragmatic: MS gave me one for free. :P
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why I have an iPod.
    But it is hard to argue with free.
    Feed me Seymour.

A windowsill grower elsantaclause's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a zune 80 and so far has not failed on me. Maybe you just got unlucky with yours but IMO i think the Zune is a lot better then the Ipod.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i think the Zune is a lot better then the Ipod.
    That's why I have an iPod.
    To be quite frank, I like my 5 dollar 4 gig Sandisk player better than any of them. You shouldn't need software to add music to your player. They shouldn't need to do some drawn out syncing thing. They shouldn't have "DRM protection" that prevents you from adding legitimate music. I should be able to drag and drop what I like on to them. I want a player to play the music that I want it to play, without some overburdened GUI.

But that's just me, I guess. Anyway, the warning stands. Would be wise not to turn on your 30 gig zune until a fix is released.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like that all PC's will crash come the year 2000....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carnivoure12 View Post
    Sounds like that all PC's will crash come the year 2000....
    Hide, children, hide!
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Est View Post
    (hard to ignore too many thousands of posts with a single problem - unless you're Creative and have launched the XFi line...).
    Indeed. My dad got me one of those fatal1ty gaming mouses by Creative for christmas a while back and the thing started to noticeably degrade about 2 months in. The forums are filled with topics on this, but Creative seems to have skipped over them. Thus I am on a personal boycott of all Creative products.

I myself have an old 30gig video iPod which is still running smooth with good battery life and only a few dents and dings. Despite my perception of Apple being an ever so slightly elitist (read: *********gy) company, I do love and enjoy their products which really are ergonomic and technological marvels. I still refuse to succumb to the Mac fanatics though.

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love my ipod, but hate apple otherwise. Another reason not to buy cheap knockoff products IMO. Copies are never as good as the original.
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast