What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Age Of your Brain

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
I'm 27 and I got 33.

Wow, mine's almost right on, it said 34 and I'm 33. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I wonder does it calculate by correctness, speed or a combo of the two? I was trying to be quick which caused at least one screw up.

It would be interesting to see if using that brain stimulator thingy changes your score.

I got 56 then 40, and I am only 15! o_O

It would be interesting to see if using that brain stimulator thingy changes your score.
I would have to try it in succession and try not to get too tranced out with it on. I usually get lost in inner-space when I put it on and get into some fave music. Instead of sensory deprivation, it's like an audio / visual overload. You don't even feel your body after a while with images and thoughts taking over your whole existence. When the CD suddenly ends you take it off you're all floaty and in a euphoric mood which lasts quite a while. Perhaps I get this desirable effect because the instructions are to use the machine for 15 - 20 mins and I generally leave it on until a CD is over (50-70 mins)? lol! :D

I got 39..and I AM 39!
so thats good..I suppose..

Scot

Speed does seem to be a factor. I tried it again, clicking faster, and got a 26, even though I must have had the same number of errors, or even more. I wonder if it makes a difference whether the mistake comes early or late in a group of numbers. I think Swords' brain stimulator is trying to tell him things like this are a waste of brain.

Nah, I've never had any machines tell me anything! lol!

As I said when I bought it, I don't believe any of the health gurus about supposed benefits of these things. I got it cos it looked like it would be a fun toy and it is. It's like any other electronic gadget, it's awesome to play with when you first get it but after a month or so you loose interest other than taking it for an occasional spin. Definitely a cooler experience than a plain CD walkman for those times you wanna lay back and really get into some music.

So, I tried a second time, and I tried getting to the numbers faster than I did before, I got 24 even though I got +7 -3 again, so as herenorthere said, time is definitely a factor.

yep i got 20, and i got the same score as capensis did. o_O

First time I got 28, then I got 20. I'm 18.

Then I played the math one and I got 43 on my first try 0_0

I didn't know about the math version until you mentioned it and got a 34. That one probably is much easier after getting familiar with the layout of the choices.

I got a 61 on the math one - stimulate that! lol! :-O

I tried for accuracy and not speed that time.

Well I hate to admit it...but I got 120 on the first try. lol But in my defense, I didn't understand the instructions and it took me a little practice to realize I had to wait for the circles to appear. (I guess that doesn't speak well for my brain either...)

Anyway, once I figured it out, I got a 37. :D

I got 26 twice, I guess that's probably the best I can do without practice.
I'm 22, so not far off.

Do the Japanese count a year in the womb as your first year? I know in some cultures you are born at the age of 1 already. That may also influence how some people view the results!

So if the Japanese use that other counting system, PAK's brain age might have only been 119 instead of that emabarassing 120. I bet she feels a lot less self-conscious about it now.

LOL 119?? I'll take it!!!

Do the Japanese count a year in the womb as your first year?

Yes they do, and I never got how 9 mo. translates into 1 whole yr.

I got "younger" as I played. The first was closest to my actual age. LOL

Back