What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pyro's Sarr seed grab bag giveaway... updates!!

Last edited by a moderator:
my havent germinated yet -_-;;; i never have any luck with sarra seeds, i stratified em for about 6 weeks, i think i see signs of the first one germinating....but still nothing yet.

mine havent germinated yet either, but im sure theyre getting there :) No worries! I do have some that I got from someone else *cant remember who* that are germinating :D

Im not keeping mine as wet as that, should they be that wet??

Mine have germinated and I had a surprisingly high germination rate(~85%). A few a of seeds are cracking open still.

Im not keeping mine as wet as that, should they be that wet??

i don't think it matters too much as long as you don't let them dry out completely. in my experience, it is better to have too much water (is there such a thing when growing sarracenia?) than not enough water.

good to know! I drenched the ones that are sprouting now and felt awful to the point I wicked some water out. :blush: Ill keep em nice a wet :D

I was looking at things and the mystery pot of sarrs are the ones I got from you...I just didnt write it down...I tried stratifying them two ways to see if there was a difference and then took them out of the fridge on different days...*doh* So I DO have some growing :D

Man, you all are starting crazy early. I have not even pulled mine out of dry storage in the fridge... Not looking forward to setting up 60 pots for all these. IDK where I am going to put all of them...

Haha! And I thought I was slacking having just potted up all my sarr seeds last week :p Come on Travis, you know you're looking forward to it!

No I am not LOL

Only option I can see is to put pots in a child's wading pool. And the Tasmanian were-devil loves water and tearing apart pots so the combination would be a dream for her. I do not know how to avoid my 60 pots of one of a kind crosses being demolished/scattered to the winds.

Figure I have another month to figure it out though, that will still give me more than enough time for a natural stratification.

I was just excited to see them grow! lol! I go in and look at them at least twice a day as it is:blush:

my first ones are starting to sprout. i think i counted 4, with more cracking now.
Thanks pyro

mine just came out of the strat last week. I do have a bunch of purpurea ssp purpurea from Brownfield Maine doing great.

heres a few of my sprouts :p more are cracking
CPs1-4-09005.jpg

Here are some of mine!! :D

DSC05784.jpg

I have pulled the above posts from the giveaway topic to create this new topic... Please post your updates here! :grin:
andrew

Thanks for doing this andrew I just put my seeds to get them stratified I saved alot of plastic containers so I should be good for seed pots for now intill they get bigger and need to be repotted.

I can't wait to see how these turn out. :boogie:

i cant wait to see the hybrids or pure plants i got out of this batch, pyro thanks again :D i removed the bag today because of the amount of plants popping up. figure its time to start letting em get some more CO2 lol. some are sending up pitchers now.

thought i would update...mine have their 1st pitchers!

grabbagsarrs2021809.jpg

some of mine are puting out their 3rd pitchers or second pitchers now..some are just germinating too XD
ill post pics later

I just put mine in for stratification yesterday I wished I did it more sooner, but ah well.
I hope mine do well I'm pretty excited to see how mine do. I'll post some pictures once I get germination.

Thanks alot for these pyro this'll be my first atempt at growing sarracenia from seeds. =)

Back