Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chatbox rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiljablo View Post
    -_- I dont believe i have reached that limit yet...but it says i did...
    I'll talk to Andy about that and see if there is a glitch somewhere.

i have a hard time believing it will stick mainly to CP stuff.......some of us try but are easily side tracked
    It is not so much that it has to be straight CP talk and we are fine with side tracks, that is part of general discussions. We would just like to avoid 100% or predisposition to off topic things. Like online gaming and talking to oneself...
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it alright to use private chats to ask someone if they want to play a game and avoid the game talk? Basically just say "do you want o play..." or no game talk what so ever?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do whatever you want using the private chat part of the shoutbox! No ones else sees those so do as you wish...

Kamil- I already upped the limit to 2000 are you still booted out? I am under the same limits and can post fine to it. So I have to think you have in fact used them... I'll try 2500... let me know if you can or not... I asked you to tell me if you still could not in that PM reply when I upped it to 2500 and never heard from you.

Edit: the reason I've kept fonts and colors active at this point is because I think that it helps separate out shouts... instead of them all blurring into one font one color text. If I see fonts that are hard to read- they will be reverted to typical black font.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post

It is not so much that it has to be straight CP talk and we are fine with side tracks, that is part of general discussions. We would just like to avoid 100% or predisposition to off topic things. Like online gaming and talking to oneself...
    just making sure......some of us have the attention span of a spastic hamster..........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    Is it alright to use private chats to ask someone if they want to play a game and avoid the game talk? Basically just say "do you want o play..." or no game talk what so ever?
    MAking a shout to have a game I think is fine. We would just like to avoid then having 6 hours of a minute by minute, play by play of said game in the public chat box. Especially when you consider that the only people who probably care about that are the people who are playing the game and they already know it case they are playing.

By the same token I am sure you all have zero interest in what I am doing every 5 minutes here in the lab and so I shan't be making a post every 5 minutes to update you Make sense?
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So long as it's reasonable, I don't think it'd be much of a problem. But if I ask "Does anyone want to play Left 4 Dead with me?" A) I shouldn't ask again any time soon. B) If there are people that I commonly play L4D with, then I should contact them via some other method- if nobody else wants to play, then asking just clutters things up. C) I shouldn't talk about in-game things on the chatbox. Nobody else cares that I got the most zombies, nobody wants to hear "Oh darn!" "You got me!" "Thanks!" or any other out-of-context phrases.

I believe the point is to prevent the chatbox from being hijacked by a few people talking about outside topics.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By the same token I am sure you all have zero interest in what I am doing every 5 minutes here in the lab and so I shan't be making a post every 5 minutes to update you Make sense?
    Though, I could see that being amusing.

9:05 Pyro: Getting coffee
    9:12 Pyro: Making bugs fight in the arena of my empty coffee cup
    9:20 Pyro: Doing science
    9:24 Pyro: Woops! Dropped another petri dish!
    9:32 Pyro: There... there's been a terrible accident. If any of you are still alive to see this... I'm sorry... So sorry...

I love labs.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    haha! I said the same thing to him in email... here is what he said.

It really is quite boring. For example, just now I finished plating out 190 strains. Wee fun. That took 2 hours. so that would be:

Plating strains

Plating strains

Still plating strains

Still plating strains

Still plating strains

Still plating strains

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast