Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: President Bush Says Goodbye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktulu View Post
    I think the families of 4000+ service personnel would beg to differ. We did not get attacked on our own soil but many Americans were targeted and killed by a terrorist group that came to being as a direct result of this presidents actions. He also failed to eliminate the group which actually carried out the attacks on 9/11, meaning we could be struck again by the exact same people who hit us last time.
    I watched something interesting the other day. An ex-soldier made a good point about the opposition in Iraq/Afghanistan. He said that almost every native family had lost someone due to our occupation. And then he asked what Americans would do if some country attacked us, even if justified, and every family lost a loved one. We would be out in the streets resisting and getting vengeance. Just like what's happening over there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's perpetuates conflicts everywhere.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWurm View Post
    I watched something interesting the other day. An ex-soldier made a good point about the opposition in Iraq/Afghanistan. He said that almost every native family had lost someone due to our occupation. And then he asked what Americans would do if some country attacked us, even if justified, and every family lost a loved one. We would be out in the streets resisting and getting vengeance. Just like what's happening over there.
    I agree. The same thing happened when Europeans took over America from the American Indians.
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    I agree. The same thing happened when Europeans took over America from the American Indians.
    Or if you want something that is still a problem and in the news lately look at what happened when Israel was created in the middle of Palestine and the 60+ years of violence that has followed.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those interested, Chris Matthew's response:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only the media had been so critical 7 years ago. I disagree with his comments about the inherent antagonism of the Arab "street" and, for why, refer to DrWurm's previous post about resistance.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I think he had some good points about democracy not being the magical fix, I have to agree with herenorthere about the inherent antagonism of Arabs being a false idea. Matthews proved he was an idiot and needs to do his research better because Ahmadinejad got elected on the back of farm reform, not because of his hatred of the US. All he did was prove that just like most Americans he doesnt know a thing about the Middle East.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philcula View Post
    Yes, but it wasn't until AFTER they voted for him that they realised the grave mistake they made.
    I'm afraid this will happen with Obama, but that's just MY opinion.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast