What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

President Bush Says Goodbye

• Thread starter DrWurm
  • Start date

DrWurm

Californian in DC
Well, as expected, Bush took credit for a lot of things and justified his bad decisions. I found one piece of the speech particularly hypocritical.

Bush said in his speech that spreading an ideology via violence is always EVIL. Immediately after, he said that spreading the fundamentals of freedom and democracy is always GOOD. Well, the fundamentals of freedom and democracy are an ideology. We spreaded that ideology by invading Afghanistan and Iraq. By invading Afghanistan and Iraq, we caused a lot of innocent people to be violently killed. That makes Bush's actions EVIL by his own logic.

Just a thought...

Part one: <object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8dVm66pxBMw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8dVm66pxBMw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Part 2: <object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHuDWtvU69U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHuDWtvU69U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Good riddance! He better not let the door hit him on the way out. :-D

He better not let the door hit him on the way out. :-D

Haha, that was the first thing that went through my mind too. And, judging by the comments I saw on the various stories about this speech, it was the first thing that went through a lot of other people's minds.

Last summer I wrote a bit of beat style poetry, I think the piece fits this momentous occasion but it was not actually written for it...

The **** Parade

A civil defense siren screams
Outside my window
An old Cadillac topped with bullhorns
Drives through neighborhoods
Tapes of William Burroughs
Blare out over the rooftops
“Nothing is true-
Everything is illusion”
School boy marching bands
Blurt obscenities out of their trumpets
The mayor and the bishop
Marching side by side
Carrying a silver platter
Topped by a crowned turd
As I watched the parade pass by
I wondered
What did that piece of **** ever do for me?

(mods, if that was too naughty feel free to pull it) :D

I must say however, I can't blame Bush personally for all of it, the whole tamale of his administration is foul and dedicated to nefarious actions. All American politicians are in the tank for corporations, it just depends on which corporations we wish to be dominated by (what kinda choice is that). In the 2000 campaign Gore and Bush were both backed by the same conglomerates. It was only outside of that initial money where Bush and his people were backed mainly by defense and oil speculators. Perhaps Obama will be backed by scientists and environmental corporations and perhaps this won't be as bad, but that remains to be seen, it's still a corporate Keynesian economic system. I don't think we can ever can let our guard down against any of these politicians and governments.

Probably the truest video of a politician's view of the people I ever saw was of Bush asking if the camera was on and then giving the camera the finger. He should have ended every speech that way since he did it verbally during every speech....
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YVynnbx1Xsc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

About time, why didnt we get rid of this guy a long time ago.

I loved the irony in his statements about ideology being forced upon people being bad, how we should always support the ideal of peace, yet his government is the only one in the world that is refusing to pressure for a cease fire in Gaza. The whole spread of democracy thing made me laugh too because the democracies we have put in place are a joke and only there because we continue to give them guns and money. And if a country democratically elects someone we dont like well we just dont recognize them. Yup this guy was all about peace, democracy, and not forcing ideology on people.

Worst President Ever.

He better not let the door hit him on the way out.

That was exactly what I was going to say...only...with a few different words. :-))

He has to be stupidest President we've ever had.

Just wait 4 or 8 more years,I'd like to see the comments.No president is going to please everyone.I just hope Obama will do a good job!

Yeah make sure everyone gets their bashes in on Bush... its like beating a dead horse. These kind of topics are worthless. Im on the same page as cool85, I just hope obama will do a half decent job.

it was the first thing that went through a lot of other people's minds.

Not mine. I think he was a good President.

About time, why didnt we get rid of this guy a long time ago.

Because the majority of American's voted for him! Obviously not everyone hates him.

Some might say the 9/11 attack was no more of a "surprise" attack than Pearl Harbour, which was also warned of in advance and ignored.
Allowing certain things to happen, allows certain agendas to reach fruition. Neo-Cons had an agenda of imposing democracy around the world and to that end they have followed it quite well. 9/11 was their "all access" pass to war and furthering that foreign policy agenda with almost no effort on their part.

They weren't able to set up a permanent base in Iraq which they'd had planned since before the Iraq invasion. The Green Zone was intended to be the largest US base in the Middle East, and set up as a permanent US foothold in the region but apparently Maliki isn't standing for it. The first Iraqi (Chalibi) they had put in power after Sadam, wasn't willing to play the US corporate foreign policy game either.

Because the majority of American's voted for him! Obviously not everyone hates him.
Yes, but it wasn't until AFTER they voted for him that they realised the grave mistake they made. As for preventing us from being attacked again for the last 8 years..any President should be able to do that. It's their job. It doesn't make him any less of a donkey's butt. What ever good came from his presidency was vastly outweighed by the bad he created. He was very, very bad for this country and the American people.

He was certainly no Ronaldo Magnus and was no leader of a conservative movement, but he did prevent the US from being attacked again for eight years. So I say: Good job! 7/10

:bigthumpup:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=86135

I think the families of 4000+ service personnel would beg to differ. We did not get attacked on our own soil but many Americans were targeted and killed by a terrorist group that came to being as a direct result of this presidents actions. He also failed to eliminate the group which actually carried out the attacks on 9/11, meaning we could be struck again by the exact same people who hit us last time.

That terrorist group didn't come into being because of Bush's actions - it's been around for a while and came into being for many reasons, a lot of which resulted from past American imperialism and related short-sightedness.

Well.. Bush is what happened when you choose your president on the basis of "Who'd you rather have a beer with?" (second term election) and "He looks like a modern day cowboy!" (some women from his first term election).

:-))

I think the families of 4000+ service personnel would beg to differ. We did not get attacked on our own soil but many Americans were targeted and killed by a terrorist group that came to being as a direct result of this presidents actions. He also failed to eliminate the group which actually carried out the attacks on 9/11, meaning we could be struck again by the exact same people who hit us last time.

I watched something interesting the other day. An ex-soldier made a good point about the opposition in Iraq/Afghanistan. He said that almost every native family had lost someone due to our occupation. And then he asked what Americans would do if some country attacked us, even if justified, and every family lost a loved one. We would be out in the streets resisting and getting vengeance. Just like what's happening over there.

That's perpetuates conflicts everywhere.

I watched something interesting the other day. An ex-soldier made a good point about the opposition in Iraq/Afghanistan. He said that almost every native family had lost someone due to our occupation. And then he asked what Americans would do if some country attacked us, even if justified, and every family lost a loved one. We would be out in the streets resisting and getting vengeance. Just like what's happening over there.

I agree. The same thing happened when Europeans took over America from the American Indians.

I agree. The same thing happened when Europeans took over America from the American Indians.

Or if you want something that is still a problem and in the news lately look at what happened when Israel was created in the middle of Palestine and the 60+ years of violence that has followed.

Back