Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UV protected trays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spraypainted my tray white. Takes a lot of paint to turn a green tray white! It should be uv and heat resistant now.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do sell a form of Krylon that is made just for plastics - there's a whole line of colors. I can't think of what the name is offhand but I remember seeing it. All the spray cans in my sculpting closet are automotive primer but maybe I'll get a can of it while I'm getting groceries at wally world today and post the name and can here in a few hours if someone doesn't beat me to it. Especially if the trays get brittle.

Edit:
    FUSION is the name of the plastic spray paint it shows a molded plastic chair on the label. I had to hit the "Post Quick Reply" button to get my memory to work. Like sitting down after standing in a room and wondering why you're there...

Another edit:
    Here's a pic of the stuff from online it comes in a variety of colors not just these:

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I originally used the Sterilite 27 Quart Storage Boxes to transport my plants from the garage (dormancy) to outside in spring. Unload the plants and take the boxes back to the garage. I did this for around 3 years with the same boxes.
    Last year I decided to leave the plants in the Sterilite 27 Quart Storage Boxes all summer. This was great because I did not have to water near as much since the boxes filled up with water. I did have holes drilled in the boxes around half way up so they did not fill up completely.
    As most know that the sun destroys these boxes after 1 summer in the sun. That's why I asked and am now using the cement trays.
    I read where some other people had painted Sterilite and other boxes and they held up to the suns rays then. My only concern with painting the boxes would be is there any chemicals that would be released from the trays when there is a few inches of water in them long term and then enter the soil of the pots, and cause any adverse effects on the plants??

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats strange, I have this big plastic bucket out side for a 2 years to catch rain, doesn't seem damaged at all. infact, it fells like the new ones at stores and its just plain old paste colored clear plastic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12