What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

humidifier

upper

Capensis Killer
if i get a humidifier, will it mess with my electronics? i got alot of electronic stuff in my room.

well generally, people put a humidifier into a sealed container, like a growrack with a zip-up plastic covering or something. This both increases the humidity inside the rack, and reduces the danger of mold and whatnot. If you want your entire room to me more humid, then i would probably put all my electronics in drawers or something.

ive got a cup warmer in my terranium, and i have a cup with water, and it provides warm air. :O bascially a humidifier, but weaker. and it fits in my terra :O

I have my computer in my vault which is often at 80% humidity. I have 2 of them pumping as much as they can, so much that its always 'raining' in here. So far not a problem. Just don't have the electronics close to them, avoid any spot that drips. But since you're in a room I doubt you'd want to get it to that level anyways.

oh, lol. i should have been more specific. humidifier is for me. i started getting alot of nosebleed recently, the school nurse said i should get a humidifier and put it next to my bed.... i also wanted the "softer" hair and skin. :p but yeah, i got a computer table with computers and accessory, surround sound system, router, ps2, bunch o' wires, guitar, more guitar, amp, more amp, camera, camcorder and other small electronics. dont want any of those getting destroyed or rusted.

Your room is probably below 20% humidity and causing that problem. Def get one and run it every night. The most it'd probably do is 30% - 40% if you're lucky. It will be no danger for your electronics.

Back