What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

econo light ring

My econo light ring from Opteka arrived today. It's plastic and feels rather cheap and there seems to be some blending issues from the daylight and softwhite LEDs, but I think I can work around that with some kind of diffuser... Ill see more what it can do this weekend.

these were taken free hand, just a couple quickies for the fun of it
IMG_0827a.jpg

coin_crop.jpg

Av

On the note of economy lightrings, here are some of the pictures I'd mentioned earlier. None of these are mine, but they're an example of what you can do on a shoestring budget. There's plenty of good (and better) examples out there.

What is a camera light-ring and what are its advantages?

its actually pretty impressive what yah can do with a couple lil LED book lights, atleast if you doing a controlled shot like the above.......doesnt really work to well trying to set them up outside.......

Fryster these are ring lights http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3346371 and they help alot with macro photography cause the on camera flash is near worthless when things are inches from the lens....bigger models are also used in some fashion/portrait photography to eliminate nearly 100% of shadows.....

Fry,

Rattler is spot on. I dont have a clue yet on what I am doing, but Im learning

Overall seems like a decent bang for the buck IMHO...
titan_lightring2.jpg

That's the problem I have with macro photography too; the over-powering flash on the subject.

I just may have to make my own ghetto-flash-ring like in that one picture. Pretty clever............

Back