Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: pet peeves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, me too cap, but I hate it more when it is people who think they are funny but, really just extremely dumb. I knew a person like that and I ruined their annoying jokes every chance I got.

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely hate it when you're sitting behind some cars at a red light, the light turns green, and... wait.... wait.... wait.... wait.... then a finally people start going. It seems to 70% or more of the time I'm at a stop light. Geeze people, just step on the darn gas already. If you ever see anybody in an old brown Porsche tear off as soon as the light is green, it's probably me.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who pronounce milk as melk.
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFlyTrap2 View Post
    People who pronounce milk as melk.
    there is another way?
    seriously..thats the only way I have ever heard anyone pronounce it my entire life..
    whats the alternative? "mil" as in "the old mill"?

never heard anyone pronounce it that way..ever..

"would you like a glass of melk?"
    "how about some cookies and melk"..yep, thats normal..

"cookies and MILLk"..nope, totally weird!

pet peeves:

1. People who have had YEARS of warning that this digital TV thing is going to happen,
    then whine and complain that they havent had enough time to get ready.

2. our idiot government who caves to the lazy people and gives them more time..
    we must always give in to the lowest common denominator..
    stupid people get catered to FAR too much in this country..

3. this story.
    we must apologize for being good at things..we must feel bad for winning.
    and the poor babies who lost must be coddled and protected because its "not fair" that they lost..

sometimes you lose..get over it.
    sometimes you win..dont apologize for it.

this country is insane..

Scot

Someday is not a day of the week. Maxx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by obregon562 View Post
    When people think lacrosse, my favorite sport to play, is either hockey, field hockey, or some dead indiana game.
    I hear that!

Mine are also,

Falling off my skateboard (dealing with the healing process)
    Waiting for packages to arrive
    Not being able to find a good anger outlet
    I regret little to nothing!

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When blokeman has a call and I am talking to him. -_-

Kamil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not being able to find a good anger outlet
    Just quit being angry and only do things that you enjoy and that make you truly happy to be doing (out side of your job obligations). Drop all associations that aren't working for you. Stop thinking about topics that make you nuts - like stop making lists of things that irritate you is a start! Often the answer to some of life's problems can "appear" to you later when you're relaxed and not jack-hammering the idea around your brain. As far as other people giving you grief - forget them entirely if they are not in your immediate vicinity. They exist as an irritant to you only as long as you allow them to, and that's a form of allowing them power over you by letting them "get to you". It sounds crazy to say it's all that easy to dispell these demons but it really is.

I hate my boring job of stuffing electric bills and 401k statements on a giant inserting machine but every minute I'm not there I dedicate to doing every thing I can to enjoy every moment I have to myself. I wake up every day not dedicated to work (2 days on, two off, two on, two off...) and think "what would make me happiest to do today (or next)" and then I go and do it whatever it is I want to do most. It may be considered a "hedonistic lifestyle" by some but I think if I'm not happy why should I even bother to exist. I got very tired of being miserable and angry all the time. It's so much nicer to live in a happy universe. It's not hard to be there but it is hard to get there as it takes a reformation of the pessimistic thinking imparted to us by our society and usually a dramatic change in lifestyle where your goal is the center of your universe. It helps a lot to give up television & radio like the bad habits they are since they only reinforce this idea that happiness is a ridiculous and unattainable goal. Only you know what will really make you happy and able to enjoy life -don't listen to anyone else's idea of what will or will not make you happy - they don't know. But once you decide on something go and forth and do that. Nothing else need exist but your goal and your work towards it. In this process you will suddenly find happiness and discover a loss of all that anger. It will happen I can guarantee it - it happened to me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

things that bug me slightly

*mothers of crying babies that do absolutely nothing to calm the baby
    *when you have a flashing left turn signal(that only lasts 6-7 seconds), and the guy in front is oblivious to your honking
    *my brother hates the sound of crunching snow beneath his feet...
    *forgetting to put you appartment # on you paypal profile (canada post automatically ships it back to sender)
    *in reference to above: waiting a week, 2 weeks, and finally realising your paypal profile info is not correct...
    *all pics are blocked for me at work (not the european sites tho...shhhhh)
    *no internet at home
    *people who excessively use emoticons
    *people who knowingly ignore any cp questions that are valid questions
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast