Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: pet peeves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ostracon it is!

Neandertal did have the h officially dropped so technically its not correct to have the H in there. Plus if you put it there people pronounce it and look like idiots.

But really its just that word that it bothers me when people mispronounce. I am not even going to try to pronounce the other words you put up rattler. I can say this though if I submitted a journal article or my thesis with shard in place of sherd it would be rejected as containing errors. Luckily I do lithics so I dont have to worry about that.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they reject your thesis you can sue them for unjustly rejecting your thesis!

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People Using more than one exclamation mark!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recalled the Neandertal thing some ago when I spelled it (correctly, without the H) and Firefox told me it was wrong without including the H. Which reminded me of Mr. Finnegan and his fits of anthropological hysteria. The H wasn't the only offense in his class but the one which seemed to be his biggest peeve.

Someone mentioned it earlier, I also hated getting paired in "work groups" in school, cos I was the only one who did the work. Down with "team building" exercises!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not even going to try to pronounce the other words you put up rattler
    the sighe is pronounced shee and crwth is pronounced crooth.....the scary thing is those words are out of some of the base languages that produced English.....

You sure you're an American, bub? I mean... That statement right there spits in the face of one of the greatest American values. It's their money, and it could be yours without you having to work for it!
    small rural hospital.....to most here their books would prolly look ripe for the picking with several million in the bank but if you also look at what it costs to run a hospital for a month and knew for a fact the clinic end of the hospital was actually $200,000 in the red last month, well than things dont look so good.......since they are a rural health provider and receive county tax money i get to look over their books just like i get to look over the counties, the states, the schools ect..........why would i be interested in taking them to court if they do their part to help me take out the doc that was the actual cause of the problem? so long as the doc that damn near killed my wife never sets foot in this town again and has to defend his actions to the state licensing committee im happy.....what will happen if i sue them is make it harder for me to receive adequate health care locally....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on topic...

I absolutely cannot stand it when someone asks a question or asks for advice and tells you the answer you gave them was wrong.

Also, people dragging their feet when they walk.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who pronounce milk as melk.
    Isn't that a classic JimScott pet peeve?

People who say "ppl". *ducking from Rattler*

Billy Mays? Ohgeez he's awful. I wonder if he talks that way at home?
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post

People who say "ppl". *ducking from Rattler*

im sure i do tons of things that get on ppls nerves, some are even accidental
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast