What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pet peeves

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I was wondering what everyone's weird and or normal pet peeves are. Order yours from weirdest to normal.

1. I can't eat if their isn't even lighting in the room even though I can outside
2. I hate when my teacher writes on the chalk board
3. I do not like bad grammar even though my is terrible
4. I hate when my dad sings
5. I hate when a line of people stand still in a hall to talk instead of forming a tight circle! :censor:

What are yours? (I am still thinking of more)

(can someone fix the title, it proves #3)

1. Informal text. u no? like dis. i rly h8 it...
2. The noise people make when they scratch their jeans or kakai (sp?) pants ot the feeling of sliding you hand over cloth or some kind of fiberous material. Like bed sheets.
3. Going out of the house too much.
4. 5 days of school.
5. Advertisement or credits or whatever using lower case letters when they should be upper case.

Last edited:
Grammar capensis, all your worries are with grammar.

1. Leaving the house
2. Messenger lingo
3. Seeing my plants decline (makes me nervous)

I probably have more... Can't remember anything else.

1- Not using your blinker. C'mon - how hard can it be?

2 - Chewing with your mouth open. <Vomit>

People who won't brush off their cars / trucks completely. They just scrape a 4" x 6" port hole in the front windshield and let the wind clean the rest of their snow off onto me as we go down the highway.

People driving while intoxicated by their cell phones.

Working overtime!

Lists of complaints....

;)

P...
Working overtime!

;)

Oh yeah, that's a good one. I hate overtime so so so BAD! It's like pulling teeth to get me to do it!

People who call every carnivorous plant they see a venus flytrap.

A couple of mine have already been said...

People not using their turn signals! Geez...how hard IS it to give a signal and let others know what you are going to do?

People having conversations standing in doorways so you can't get by.

People continuing conversations in doorways so you have to keep saying "excuse me" every time you cut through as you move about the office doing your job.

Waiters or waitresses who expect a good tip even when they've done an abyssmal job with a sour attitude.

A cook who can't distinquish between burned bacon and crispy bacon.

Getting a steak like shoe leather because you asked for it "well done." If I can cook a steak through that's tender at home...why can't a restaurant cook do it?

People who chose to live far from work complaining about their commute

People who chose to buy a house with a big yard complaining about the time they spend mowing grass

I hate the chalk on chalkboard/marker on paper sound

The blinker is fosho. dangerous and annoying!

I dont mind text lingo via text, but when people verbaly say "lol" or "wtf" or "rofl (prn. raw-full)"

or "omg" or "lmao" or "wth" or "t-x-t me later" or anyof that stuff! ugh!

When people think lacrosse, my favorite sport to play, is either hockey, field hockey, or some dead indiana game.

People who vehemently PDA.

Completely stupid people who do stupid things.

What else...hmmm... :D

People having conversations standing in doorways so you can't get by.

People continuing conversations in doorways so you have to keep saying "excuse me" every time you cut through as you move about the office doing your job.

You would HATE my school. Kids manage to block off an entire hallway and actually call YOU rude it you squeeze by.

Something sharp on a chalkboard. *shudders*

Whining.

People bugging me to type for them because they think I type fast.

My ventricosa's rust.

Our cat rubbing against whoever's cooking dinner and screaming.

That rubber foam thing that makes that squeaky noise; like balloons.

People who think they know what their saying but they dont.

cap. jelous of. my wr1tin? itz s0 pro00 just l1k3 m3 h8 it?u luv its doncha

Here's another one. Kids that are 8-12 years-old that curse because they think they're cool like that. Also when they're yelling, screaming, or complaining on how they died and curse at people on online games (But the videos are hilarious!).

hmm same here; but im 12. i sooo dont cuss; you dont see stars in the archivves (like for cussing ***) under my name... *-looks around-* ???

lol, me too cap, but I hate it more when it is people who think they are funny but, really just extremely dumb. I knew a person like that and I ruined their annoying jokes every chance I got.

I absolutely hate it when you're sitting behind some cars at a red light, the light turns green, and... wait.... wait.... wait.... wait.... then a finally people start going. It seems to 70% or more of the time I'm at a stop light. Geeze people, just step on the darn gas already. If you ever see anybody in an old brown Porsche tear off as soon as the light is green, it's probably me.

People who pronounce milk as melk.

People who pronounce milk as melk.

there is another way? ;)
seriously..thats the only way I have ever heard anyone pronounce it my entire life..
whats the alternative? "mil" as in "the old mill"?

never heard anyone pronounce it that way..ever..

"would you like a glass of melk?"
"how about some cookies and melk"..yep, thats normal..

"cookies and MILLk"..nope, totally weird! :0o:

pet peeves:

1. People who have had YEARS of warning that this digital TV thing is going to happen,
then whine and complain that they havent had enough time to get ready.

2. our idiot government who caves to the lazy people and gives them more time..
we must always give in to the lowest common denominator..
stupid people get catered to FAR too much in this country..

3. this story.
we must apologize for being good at things..we must feel bad for winning.
and the poor babies who lost must be coddled and protected because its "not fair" that they lost..

sometimes you lose..get over it.
sometimes you win..dont apologize for it.

this country is insane..

Scot

Back