What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got bored today, so I built another shelf to put plants on. I also took a bunch of pictures of my plants (none of the new shelf yet).

N. truncata. The label says Pasian, so I guess it's Pasian
Moreplants002.jpg

The truncata's pitcher. I held the ruler about an inch too high, so it's really about 7 inches tall
Moreplants001.jpg

N. ventricosa, not looking very happy
Moreplants003.jpg

N. sanguinea, repotted yesterday
Moreplants004.jpg

One of three sanguinea pitchers, this one is 3 inches long. It's the only one that doesn't have holes ripped in it
Moreplants005.jpg

D. capensis, with two flower stalks... Look how the unopened leaves are opening by unfolding. Compare them to the ones on the next picture. I think it's a little weird that it does that. It also doesn't curl around bugs like the other one does, the leaf just bends a little
Moreplants007.jpg

This capensis opens it's leaves by uncurling them. It also fully curls the leaves around bugs
Moreplants014.jpg

P. moranensis. Looks like it's in it's succulent winter stage thing now. I took one pulling about a month ago, and two yesterday
Moreplants009.jpg

P. yucca do 1713, looking fine after I took a bunch of pullings yesterday
Moreplants011.jpg

A shell with soil and a pulling of the P. yucca do 1713. I'm not really expecting that pulling to sprout, I'm just seeing if it will. If it doesn't, I'll just put one of the other pullings in after they sprout
Moreplants008.jpg

Some sweet basil seedlings. I got the seeds a few weeks ago from Home Depot. I still have a bunch of seeds leftover
Moreplants006.jpg

VFT seedlings, sprouted in August 2008
Moreplants010.jpg

VFT pullings. I used 5 leaves, and many more sprouted
Moreplants019.jpg

3 D. adelae (thanks Ant) Starting to make leaves and dew
Moreplants012.jpg

D. aliciae... No comment here
Moreplants017.jpg

A bit of LFS that finally sprouted :boogie: I put part of it in my N. sanguinea pot
Moreplants018.jpg

Some cacti. The one on the left is a fairy castle cactus. I don't know what the one on the right is, but I think it wants something
Moreplants020.jpg

Someone wants a kiss! :D Lance. I bought him as a candy cane corn snake, but he doesn't look as much like a candy cane as he did before
Moreplants016.jpg

A better view of him, to see his colors and pattern. This isn't a very good picture, as it's through the glass
Moreplants015.jpg

A christmas cactus. I pulled a leaf off my mom's plant and stuck it in some soil
Moreplants022.jpg

A hen and chicken plant, making a bunch of weird stem things. I've only seen my mom's hen and chickens make a few of these stem things. It started as one of many little buds from my mom's plant, went in a pot, and grew very fast
Moreplants023.jpg

The shelf where all of the above plants live, under a four foot flourescent light fixture with two 4 foot lights
Moreplants025.jpg

The top shelf of my plant shelf, with my mom's plants on it. I wish there was somewhere they could get more light than a little morning light from the window
Moreplants024.jpg

I have more plants, but they're out in the house being dormant. I think I might make another picture thread when they start growing again.

omg nice, imma copy your setup okay? mkay. thnx. haha.

I'd get rid of that ventricosa, it looks just like mine did when it had mites. Everything else looks fine and that vft seedling has great potential.

Get rid of it? I think it just has rust, and it's been like that for months. My other plants around it are fine. Can't I get some kind of fungicide? I can't get rid of it, that was one of my first plants...

Looking great! I'm jealous of your truncata. :p The aliciae is looking very well! Lance is looking cute. :3

nice, I can see your plants are getting better lighting then mine! awesome plants!

Back