What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm starting my own carnivorous plant business and need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Howdy

I am starting my own carnivorous plant store. It will be mostly online (ebay, etc), but I will likely make some early sales at garage sales to start things off.

I'm pretty new to all this and I need tips. Anyone have any advice?

For starters, what should the name of my business be? (serious answers please)

I've thought about doing this myself too, seems like fun. Maybe you should make the plants pretty low prices, because little kids really like them. Maybe you could set up a bunch of beginner kits, with a flytrap, D. capensis, a ping, and a care sheet?

Serious advice?

You're going to need a lot of space, time and money with little return, for a good while. Some people have done it but I don't think it's something to base an entire career off of; it is very difficult.

The plant trade in general is typically very difficult to get into with out serious backing. Let alone the trade of plants that appeal to a very specific niche of people.

All that being said, I'm not sure how Andrew friendly the topic is so...

You already started a topic about this... (which I reluctantly allowed) Lets not start more. And you're getting a little bit too much into the details. Lets not talk about (potential) names of stores and such... I think the topic has already been pretty well covered in the other topic you made a month ago, you don't need to start a new topic about it monthly.
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back