User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why Facebook... or Myspace for that matter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, but jim its always been that way.
    that makes no logic

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What in the world is a twitter application? I understand about people being uncomfortable about change, but from what I read, this seems to be more than just being change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my day it was against the law and you could be locked up for twittering !!
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    What in the world is a twitter application? I understand about people being uncomfortable about change, but from what I read, this seems to be more than just being change.
    i dont have a twitter account so I couldnt tell you what it is, but the facebook front page is the only thing that has changed. You still have all of your regular applications and you're still friends with whoever you were before, only difference is the looks of the front page and your page.

For a while there was a big hu-bub about facebook retaining your preferences and information forever. Some people thought this was a violation of rights and policy. If you look at the contract before you actually sign up it's all in there. I've had facebook since 2005 and no one has come to my door asking about my previous information... Simply put if you dont want the world to know something about you.....dont put it on facebook, or online at all for that matter.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy87128 View Post
    For a while there was a big hu-bub about facebook retaining your preferences and information forever. Some people thought this was a violation of rights and policy. If you look at the contract before you actually sign up it's all in there. I've had facebook since 2005 and no one has come to my door asking about my previous information... Simply put if you dont want the world to know something about you.....dont put it on facebook, or online at all for that matter.
    In my higher education law class we reviewed the TS of Facebook because nobody does, and our instructor wanted to teach us about contracts and agreements.

I don't use twitter but from what I understand it is just instant updates of statuses only (or something similar. So basically when you logged it and searched for me it would say:

8:00 am - xvart is getting ready for work.
    8:15 am - xvart is brushing his teeth, while apparently using his computer
    9:00 am - xvart is wishing he was watching batman while sitting in a boring meeting, still connected to his computer
    11:00 am - xvart realized he can update his twitter from his phone! how exciting!

11:15 pm - xvart is cursing himself for how much time he wasted updating his twitter account, just to make sure all his friends and family know all the mundane and ridiculous minutia that occurs in his life that they truly couldn't care less about.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11:15 pm - xvart is cursing himself for how much time he wasted updating his twitter account, just to make sure all his friends and family know all the mundane and ridiculous minutia that occurs in his life that they truly couldn't care less about.
    But we can turn that minutiae off if we want to, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a hard enough time between my pm's here and on OCPS, then there's photobucket, email.... You want to leave me a message, call me. care to see my latest pics, go see my growlist. Socializing is best done in person (unless you're like me and find chatting to be a channel of expression). i don't know, but all this is making me thirsty.
    highschool sucked, glad it is over with, and don't really care to talk to people i don't speak to anymore anyways. I have 2 great friends from highschool with who i still talk to and hang out with. And of the 150 that graduated with me, they are all i need.
    I realised that I filtered out those that I didn't really care for when the words 'highschool reunion' came to mind. And most of which, if i were to see again, ...
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For many people (such as myself) the major draw in FB is sharing photos. I can post photos there that my friend's would like to see. Otherwise, I'd have to email the dang things. MUCH easy to share them that way. And I enjoy seeing other people's photos.

I've gotten in touch with a few friends that I was glad to hear from. AND I got an offer from a guy in Canada for some Rock Candy Mine fluorite. That would be worth it all! lol Can't beat networking for rocks.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast