What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people grow carnivorous plants?

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
So, obviously a census here would give erroneous results, but I'm wondering how many people (nationally, globally, etc.) grow CPs, be it for hobby or commerce. Has anyone ever come across such a statistic?
~Joe

As far as I know only two people in Manhasset grow carnivorous plants beyond the hardware store stuff.

I think it is a decent sized hobby around here, nothing like reptiles and normal plant growing. lol, I have a few hobbies and my ant keeping one is very small in the u.s. I only know of 1 other person in my state that does the same, and he is at the other end of the state.

my first thought was..there is really no way to ever know..
but maybe there is!

I bet if we took the amount of sales for the Barry Rice book or the Peter D'Amato book, then double that number, it would be a fairly accurate number for the amount of CP hobbyists in the English speaking world..

assuming about half of CP hobbyists are "serious" enough to buy a CP book..which IMO is probably likely..

yeah, it would still be a guess, but an educated guess at least.

Scot

My friend said that at her school, they had a CP club, and she said they mentioned TF before.

That would be awesome to start a CP club at school.

my first thought was..there is really no way to ever know..
but maybe there is!

I bet if we took the amount of sales for the Barry Rice book or the Peter D'Amato book, then double that number, it would be a fairly accurate number for the amount of CP hobbyists in the English speaking world..

assuming about half of CP hobbyists are "serious" enough to buy a CP book..which IMO is probably likely..

yeah, it would still be a guess, but an educated guess at least.

Scot

i just go to the library, never bought the book.

Back