User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the GRASS really greener in California?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry but -- being from SF -- I cannot take anything seriously coming from a man who sounds like Carol Channing when he speaks (heh, heh, heh) . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hope it becomes legal soon. Honestly, if tobacco is legal, marijuana should be. Tobacco and all its tars and crap is far more dangerous IMO.

Swords, i have family in Holland and they say that each coffee shop sends more than 3,000,000 euro to their goverment in taxes and various costs. Crazy they can turn a profit huh? The goverment uses tons of "pot money" to fund everything from schools to hospitals. Literaly, pot drives the country. But the ironic part is most of the people there (including my extended family) frown apon the stuff. So a minority is funding the majority.
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha, lol Bigbella.
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by obregon562 View Post
    i hope it becomes legal soon. Honestly, if tobacco is legal, marijuana should be. Tobacco and all its tars and crap is far more dangerous IMO.
    for the record....pot has more tar and bad stuff than real tobacco(the heavily manufactured cigarettes from the major brands is different due to the additives though its pretty easy to find normal tobacco if you put forth a lil effort)......however smoking pot is far from the only way to ingest it.....vaporizers, pill form and eating it are all fairly safe from a health stand point.....vaporizing a lil less so but miles ahead of smoking it in a pipe, bong or joint......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rattler,

Sorry i forgot to throw that in too. I was referring to the nasty cigs.
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's funny, California loves their marijuana smokes but hates their cigarette smokers.

By the time marijuana is legalized, you wont be able to legally smoke anywhere anyway. (And that's only half joke.)
    Last edited by Est; 02-26-2009 at 08:41 PM.
    ¯\(º_o)/¯ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Est View Post
    It's funny, California loves their marijuana smokes but hates their cigarette smokers.

By the time marijuana is legalized, you wont be able to legally smoke anywhere anyway. (And that's only half joke.)
    actually there is so much truth in that it aint terribly funny........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know where you're coming from Est. I've often thought that way about Cigar smokers VS Cigarette smokers. I think it breaks down like this:

Cigars=rich people

Cigs=poor people

in the old days it was
    pot=migrant workers, black jazz musicians, poor hippies

now
    pot=money, moviestars, michael phelps

I was surprised when the financial channel ran a special last year called "California's Cash Crop" and it pretty much came off positive for anti-prohibition and taxation. I think all the schedule 1 consciousness expanding drugs should all be legalized. These were given the stiffest penaties in the 60s as the Kennedy/Johnson & Nixon governments were trying to quell the youth uprisings and protests to the war. These substances are all completely benign in comparison to alcohol, speed, meth and coke which can all stop your heart and make you a violent paranoid after prolonged use or overdose. Weirdly these far more dangerous things carry less penalties than magic mushrooms, peyote, ayahuasca/yage none of which will stop your heart or kill you in any easily ingestible amounts and have been used for millenia by native peoples as "healing" sacraments.

My one sway on the "hard" or "overdosable" drugs is Heroin. As I'm well acquainted with a lot of Nam vets (my dads old pals) most of whom who came back heroin addicts. I think junkies should be given a legal script for a maintained dose so they can go on about living their life, working, etc. If they want to stay on the junk let them have access to buy clean needles and safe proper dosages that have been worked out with their doctor. The incidents of ODs would drop considerably at least amongst experienced junkies. Or help them to quit if they wanna kick, maybe every filled script would come with a booklet about quitting. The real danger of heroin is that someone get's used to some cut junk and then getting something of a much higher quality and then it's the golden lotus pad into paradise for you. I know of at least two of these old guys who have nodded out and never came back. My dad's ex-roommate from back in the day was found by the fire dept face down by the lake and revived before he headed over into the western lands. These incidents all took place when their normal junk was cut off and they got something new and they shot the same dose. A legal standardized dose obtained on a pharmacy script would never have this happen.

On the plain old Cig side of things MN just made a law you get a $100 fine if they pull you over while you're smoking and there's a kid in the car (this is the same fine as being caught with an ounce of pot).

They didn't say what the fine would be if you were driving with kids in the car, while tying on, smoking a joint, snorting a line and drinking a Chardonay... lol!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast