User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the GRASS really greener in California?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually there isnt a whole lot wrong with cocaine.....the problems mainly come with some of the substances used to cut it to make more money or converting it into crack cocaine.......pure coke, taken in moderation, is prolly safer than alcohol.......

and to put things in perspective on issues between legal and illegal drugs, i dont remember about 2 months of my life due to a sleeping pill given to me by a doctor......that pill prevented my short term memory from converting to long term memory......and i didnt notice it happening other than im told i argued a whole lot with ppl about things they told me that i swore they never did......hell ive lost time due to drinking, but never more than an hour or so.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes those synthetic prescription drugs are something else. I don't take any prescriptions myself and I avoid docs like the plague! My mother was prescribed the Levaquin anti-biotic for a bad cold and 12 hours after one dose she acted as if she had alzheimer's or something and this lasted for almost two weeks. I had to take care of her during this time making sure she tested her blood sugar and took her heart meds. She just sat there like a zombie with nobody home. When I looked it up online to find out side effects there were so many cases against the makers lawyers weren't taking on new Levaquin cases. She said she didn't recall any of the two weeks. Contrast this with me being given a Vicodin (sp?) script for an abscessed tooth and even with 3 times the dose I didn't feel any relief with it at all. Six Ibuprofen was better. The only thing that really worked was when they shot my face up with a lot of Novocaine in the ER.

I haven't had a drink in about a dozen years, anything that makes me sick both while I'm drinking it and after just isn't for me. I used to love it when I was a hoodlum teenager but it lost it's luster when I got to about 21 or so and got indigestion every time I took a swallow of any sort of alcohol. That does make it very easy to stop swallowing it! IIRC my last drinks ever were a about a half dozen rum & pepsis at a Misfits concert in 1996 or 1997.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler and Ant:
    The only test for whether Congress can regulate an activity is whether it affects interstate commerce. Even if the particular item being regulated (i.e. an MJ plant) never leaves the state, it can still affect interstate commerce. The case where this was decided held that Congress could regulate a farmer growing tomatoes for his own consumption because it affected the price of tomatoes on the market. They would find the same here. I'm not saying this is good or bad, that's just the way it is.

As for my own opinions, I think this is far past due, and will happen eventually. It may not be now, but as someone pointed out, the tide is turning, and eventually even the feds will get on board and change the law. Who knows how long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but there is no official market for MJ if it is illegal.....Cali making it legal creates the market....the market is officially only with in the state of Cali....feds have no bearing in the matter at all.....
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adrian, are you talking about the case where the farmer was making his own seeds / strains of tomatoes? I thought that was one of the most ridiculous things I'd ever heard. It essentially comes down to making every one of us who's ever pollinated any of our terrarium plants and traded seeds by mail into lawbreakers. That's Keynesian conglomerate capitalism for you...

"The act of simply existing has been made illegal. If you're not making money for some corporation then you must be stealing it from some corporation. Give us enough time and we'll figure out how you're doing it." Mr. Bickford said, smiling as he set the phone down and leaned back in his brown leather chair. Turning to look out his Big Picture window and scanning the horizon he looked as if he was thinking of new ways to drive a bulldozer through the ghettos, and probably about who he wanted to get to drive that bulldozer. I thought to myself - I'm getting outta here me!

Someone said earlier there is two constitutions, that's not official but that's how it seems to work. There's the constitution (the icon) and then there's the way the country is actually run. Of course if the constitution was followed to the letter Obama would be picking cotton and not president... so even the original is flawed. I have no problem with a complete and modern rewrite as long as all citizens of the country are allowed to read & vote on it. So what if it takes 10-20 years to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im a firm believer in the Constitution as it sits, most of the later amendments expanded freedoms to ppl who did not have them before, im all for that........as for how the feds run things, while all our senators, representatives and our president have sworn to uphold our constitution the vast majority flat out ignore it.....its not like we have two separate Constitutions, its alot closer to us not having one at all in practice........
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol!
    Well they pretend to claim follow some "letter of law"... At least we can all see the truth.. laws are for only for the people!

If the government doesn't trust the people why don't they dissolve them and elect a new people?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an article that highlights the battle between federal and state level laws.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29433708/

The DEA was trumping state decisions, enforcing the federal power of authority.

Interesting read if you're interested in the issue.
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123