What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happiness is....

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
...a new desk chair! :boogie:

At least for today that's my measure of happiness. After sitting in my broken Sam's Club model for a year I went out and bought a real comfy (and expensive) chair at Office Depot tonight. I also bought a 1 year warranty to go with it incase the lift goes bad in this one like the cheapo sam's club/target/walmart ones always seem to after 6 months or so.

How about you? What made your day today?

Today my co-worker gave me a single-board hobby computer to tinker with. It's a little smaller than a paperback book and has everything but a power supply and hard drive. Despite it's tiny size, it's a full-fledged PC and can run Windows. (Although I'm pretty sure I'll go with Linux or FreeBSD to be gentle on the meager system resources.) He got some from the robotics club he belongs to and gave me one of his extras for my own projects. Now all I need to find is a small LCD and a big flash card to hold my OS installation, and I'll be in business! Things have actually been going great for me at work lately - yesterday someone brought us really good homemade brownies, and the day before that we found out that the other departments were all asking that our department NOT get downsized during a bunch of big and scary budget cuts. They may even make an exception to the hiring freeze to allow us to fill a permanent position that was vacated a while ago... dare I hope that I get a shot at such a job? I'm not sure I should press my luck! :D
~Joe

31 carats of Brazilian aquamarine and over 7 carats of Tanzanian rhodolite garnet rough showed up......ordered a couple books to help me train the German shorthaired pointer pup i pick up in a couple weeks......

Today my co-worker gave me a single-board hobby computer to tinker with. It's a little smaller than a paperback book and has everything but a power supply and hard drive. Despite it's tiny size, it's a full-fledged PC and can run Windows. (Although I'm pretty sure I'll go with Linux or FreeBSD to be gentle on the meager system resources.) He got some from the robotics club he belongs to and gave me one of his extras for my own projects. Now all I need to find is a small LCD and a big flash card to hold my OS installation, and I'll be in business! Things have actually been going great for me at work lately - yesterday someone brought us really good homemade brownies, and the day before that we found out that the other departments were all asking that our department NOT get downsized during a bunch of big and scary budget cuts. They may even make an exception to the hiring freeze to allow us to fill a permanent position that was vacated a while ago... dare I hope that I get a shot at such a job? I'm not sure I should press my luck! :D
~Joe

yep, a new windows or macbook

My real happiness will come tomorrow.....
Tonight, it's Friday and work is done for the week.
I have most my gear packed up for an all day hiking trip planned tomorrow. I'll get to see how my dehydrated food is that I prepared last weekend. That was the first time playing with my dehydrator, so hopefully I did it correct or I'll be really hungry till I get back.

School was cancelled today, because it rained and froze yesterday. So it's a 3 day weekend for me :D I also had some really good muffins today.

im...drinking mango juice! :D its the "shoot".

...when I finally receive the seeds I ordered from Australia. Any day now... :sleep:

im sure they'll come any day jeff. Dont fret padawan. thanks again for all the strings you had to yank for us. :)

Back