What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's gardening time! Post your pics.

Anyone else grow fruit/vegetables/herbs?

I expanded my garden this year and it's coming along nicely.

So far I've got three types of beans planted (green/limas/cowpeas), three types of tomatos (bigboy hybrid/sweet 100s/grape), two types of peppers (jalapeno/bell - can't been seen in the pics) and some green onions (that are still too small to spot in the pics):

garden01.gif

garden02.jpg

I also hope to get some nice watermelons and honeydews out of this old garden box:

gardenbox.jpg

Feel free to contribute pics of your garden!

ill have to upload my pics. I just finished clearing out my hunk o' dirt. My mango tree, figs, and prickly pear need some annual company! im gonna plant a few wild grape species, and probably some novelty vegies. Ive already got purple potatoes! :D

Pics to come!

I used to have a tomato and pumpkin plant, but my new puppies ate them. ???

ive still got a foot of snow and the ground is froze solid...........

Gardening time? It's still snowing here.

We're supposed to get a foot of snow overnight and that tends to settle down the gardening bug. But I have lettuce, kohlrabi, pak choi etc. seedlings under lights that'll be ready to go out by mid-April. Starting some of those indoors gives us a good head start on greens. Too bad I can't do the same with potatoes, beets, beans and so on. I'd love to start harvesting them a month earlier. I'll start tomatoes in a couple weeks for planting out in May.

Snow?? I thought that stuff was just a myth! :blush:

We're practically back in the summer cycle here in South Florida with heat, pouring rains.. all that good stuff. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the best part of growing vegetables is that they grow FAST!

Here's some pics from today:

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

It's hard to believe how much they've grown in just 17 days. The old pics look almost alien to me.

was -20 a week ago....still have some snow on the ground......some more predicted next week..........

Snow?? I thought that stuff was just a myth! :blush:

We're practically back in the summer cycle here in South Florida with heat, pouring rains.. all that good stuff. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the best part of growing vegetables is that they grow FAST!

Here's some pics from today:

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

It's hard to believe how much they've grown in just 17 days. The old pics look almost alien to me.

Damn, you're making me look like a slack-jawed punk! I haven't even started to consider a garden. A Rototiller plus some explosives may be necessary to open a space . . .

Golly that wast for 19 days! I have a few tomato plants, grape, lemon, white beauty, and green pear tomatoes ready for outise. Here In Toronto the snow is gone, just waiting for no more nights in the -.

Lordy! You're keeping those tomatoes warm enough, I see.
~Joe

My garden will look a little like that in 3 months. Maybe.

Wow!
planting vegetables in March?
thats amazing..

around here its not safe to plant seeds until May 1st..
snow in April is very common..

low of 25 tonight..

Scot

Vary nice garden, I began a vegetable garden last year and I enjoyed the products greatly. Though, I wouldn't take photo's of it. I save that for the ornamental garden.

I'm planting tomato seeds today, but they won't go in the ground for a couple months. It's crocus season here.

Back