Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CP's - lure more than bugs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CP's - lure more than bugs!

I was watering my neps in my growrack tonight. When I got to the bottom shelf, my 12 week old Shih Tzu, Moose, came over to check out what was going on. He then stepped partway inside and decided to see what Lady Pauline was all about. Next thing I know he was licking it up and down like mad. He really liked the underside of the lid, and he even learned he could tip it somewhat and lick the liquid inside (no bugs in it!). It was hilarious watching him trying to shove his pudgy nose down inside that pitcher! He started getting a little to eager so I pushed him aside cuz I though he was going to chew it. No luck, he jumped right back to it and went to town sampling the sweet buffet he had found. I realized it would make for a good photo op.

Eventually I had to hold him back while I closed the front plastic on the growrack. Well, he wouldn't have any of that and he then leaped enthusiastically against the plastic, which opened the bottom up, and he then proceeded to jump inside and tackle my glabrata! Yup - he tipped it over and spilled the plant completely over! But he was oblivious as he started licking those little pitchers all the while wagging his tail.

So, I had to shut him in another room while I cleaned up the mess and replanted it. When I let him out, sure enough he ran straight over to the bottom shelf again but this time I was expecting it! Looks like we have another cp fan:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha that's cute. It's funny you named your Shih Tzu Moose, lol. Little dog, big name
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cats are the same way, well, one is, Flash - the tuxedo cat. He will actively investigate anything new regardless of how you try to restrain him. And if whatever he's investigating isn't sturdy or heavy duty it'll be broken, knocked over and covered in teeth marks. "Are you happy with yourself?!" is something I yell after him a lot after he's destroyed something and is running off to hide until the dust settles. Even a huge cactus with 3" thorns, he'll just sit there and chew on the thorns. And here I was afraid he'd hurt himself on them...
    I didn't have these little cats when I had my old Nep collection but those pitchers would have been far too tempting for him with their long tendrils and the wobbly pitchers on the end when you swat them...

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol! nice! cute dog. I wonder what is the exact composition of that nectar. Can mammals actually get addicted to it?

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm cute! I just can't get over the darkness of that lady pauline, its beautiful! I'm so glad I ordered one from BE
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaaw, that's absolutely adorable! Great looking N. x 'Lady Pauline', though! And sphagnum.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cute Ewok!
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Cute Ewok!
    LOL

That's pretty funny, but I don't think I'd allow my dog even anywhere even close to my plants, let alone lick them.
    That is, if I had a dog.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast