Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: things that make you smile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

things that make you smile

I was wondering if there are any little things that you find funny in life. Recently I was looking at phobias when I found this one. It cracked me up, and its kinda mean.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words

Any thing recent you saw or heard that you could help laugh at?

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was browsing a list of "the worst inventions ever" and stumbled across this beauty, amongst such other wonders as the inflatable dart board and pen that works in 0 gravity (more on that one later!)

The one that made me laugh the most was the prank deterring fire alarm. It was designed to keep pranksters from falsely pulling fire alarms. The contraption worked by sticking your hand through a metal tube, and then pulling the alarm mechanism. Upon pulling the mechanism a hand-cuff type device would lock onto ones wrist until a fireman or police officer with the key came and let you out, along with a scolding for what you had done.

So what was to happen in the instance of a real fire? I guess people were supposed to play paper, scissors, rock to find out who was gonna take a hit for team before pulling the fire alarm. Certainly near the top of stupid ideas! Here's a picture I found online.

things that make you smile
    "Looks like I pulled the short straw!"

As for the zero gravity pen, NASA spent tons of money trying to develop a pen that would write in the zero-gravity environment of space. It turns out they were successful by pressurizing the ink cartridge, of which is now widely available. When faced with the same issue, the Russians were able to find a much cheaper solution to the problem, they simply used Pencils!
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of things. xD I love motivational posters and Fail pictures. Also, I recently got a form from school asking the students of our race and ethnicity. Well, I got two forms, one in English and the other in Spanish. The funny thing is is that the first question it asks, including in the Spanish one, was that, "Is your child Hispanic or Latino?"

[] No, my child is not Hispanic or Latino.
    [] Yes, my child is Hispanic or Latino -- A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.

Fail. Obviously I'm Hispanic or Latino if I'm getting a form in Spanish.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This avatar of mine.
    Almost ruined a computer with liquids coming out my nose fist time I saw it.
    Last edited by justjack; 03-21-2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Hit wrong button.

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we were talking about steak in my auto tech class (I know, very off topic), the teacher randomly said "I like my steak so rare, a good veterinarian could bring it back to life."
    Of course there are other things, but this was just recently.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    inside jokes top everything cause no one else gets them =] me and my best friend call them man moments. fail pictures, anti-motivational posters, and the website called explosm. its got a daily comic thing and they are so funny!!

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explosm is amazing. Lol, inside jokes and puns are great, too.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    inside jokes are far and away the best. I love the look you and the "insider" get from everyone else haha!

I also love those "oh, thats a burn" jokes. And where would we as a society be without "thats what she said!" ?

And nothing brings a more satisfying smile than sports, especially in soccer when i block a PK, or in LAX when i score, or in bball when i either sink a three or just D the hell out of someone. Ah, testosterone is a good thing.

Oh, and my atrocious spelling makes my laugh. And cry. Fine line.
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast